Incubating Eggs before Shipping

On the third day, before the veins starting spreading from the embryo, there is a red dot almost like a blood spot, but it's just any embryo. Also if you have your own chicken eggs, let the eggs sit out in a 2 or 3 warm days, that's how I get the best effect.

We still don't quite understand what it is you are saying.
Are you saying the fertile eggs that you have received have been incubated to the 3rd day and then shipped to you? This is what we are researching.

Also... are you stating that you like to let your own fertile eggs sit out on the counter for 2 or 3 days before incubation? This is common practice.

We are discussing incubating an egg to the 3rd day and then removing it from the bator and shipping it (or imitating shipping by jostling it around) and NOT placing it back in the bator for 2 to 3 days.
We are researching if this is possible (will the egg still hatch), and if it is possible, then does this 'pre-incubation' actually improve hatch rates.

So far in this thread we have learned that it does NOT work.

If you have documented research stating otherwise we'd love to hear details all about it.

Thanks!
pop.gif

We still don't quite understand what it is you are saying. 
Are you saying the fertile eggs that you have received have been incubated to the 3rd day and then shipped to you?  This is what we are researching. 

Also... are you stating that you like to let your own fertile eggs sit out on the counter for 2 or 3 days before incubation?  This is common practice. 

We are discussing incubating an egg to the 3rd day and then removing it from the bator and shipping it (or imitating shipping by jostling it around) and NOT placing it back in the bator for 2 to 3 days. 
We are researching if this is possible (will the egg still hatch), and if it is possible, then does this 'pre-incubation' actually improve hatch rates. 

So far in this thread we have learned that it does NOT work. 

If you have documented research stating otherwise we'd love to hear details all about it.

Thanks!  :pop

X2

Ok so what I do even at home is when I want to hatch instead of brining my eggs inside, I leave them out in the nesting boxes for a few says. This gives times for germinal disk start to produce and help get a head start on a hatch. So what I'm saying is you don't put them in the incubator for 3 or more days but instead leave the eggs out in the nesting boxes. I hope this helps :rolleyes::highfive:

I love this one :

:bun

I am SO glad I found this thread. I thought I was losing my mind. I had a shipped egg hatch two weeks after I set it under my broody. I know it was one of the shipped eggs because it was marked and I wrote down the date I set it under the hen Day I received it) on the calendar as well as the anticipated hatch date. The rest of the eggs have started hatching today, day 21 and the other chick is in my brooder in the house and is a week old today. The only thing I could think is that the woman who I ordered them from had a hen setting on this egg for a week before she shipped them to me. It apparently can and does happen. Nature is amazing.

I am about to try this a week from next, using 3-6 eggs...
If my plan goes off without a hitch then they will be traveling from Ohio to Connecticut!
We are excited to see what happens, so I hope it works out!?
Will definitely remember to post results!
Thanks for the continuing thread! You guys keep all the fun in it!

I am SO glad I found this thread. I thought I was losing my mind. I had a shipped egg hatch two weeks after I set it under my broody. I know it was one of the shipped eggs because it was marked and I wrote down the date I set it under the hen Day I received it) on the calendar as well as the anticipated hatch date. The rest of the eggs have started hatching today, day 21 and the other chick is in my brooder in the house and is a week old today. The only thing I could think is that the woman who I ordered them from had a hen setting on this egg for a week before she shipped them to me. It apparently can and does happen. Nature is amazing.

Did you candle the eggs when you got them? I always do to check out air cells and look for cracks... I would be so surprised if I found one a week into incubation!!

No, I didn't. I just set them under my broody. The chick was a color that I dont have so it couldn't have been one of my chickens eggs.

Back
Top Bottom