Incubating for beginners!

Egglayer123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Ireland
Hi i would like people to tell me exactly how they incubate their eggs, from their hen 2 roo ratio to lock down! I am going to start my very 1st hatch in a few weeks time and i want to do it ryt! Thanks peeps :)

Well some one had eggs at church I got a doz. they had not been in the fridge. I had a heat lamp or two at home put them in a basket and waiting now. The folks had a couple roos where I got these eggs white leghorns. this is my first try and it is a dry hatch. I learned after that a temp. / humidity guage is a good thing to have. Learning as I go. There are threads of folks starting if you look in earlier months they have it all the way through hatch w/ pics.

Try going to the learning center tab, there is an incubating section with lots of detailed information. My hen to rooster ratio is 1 rooster to 5 hens, and I have never come across an infertile egg. If you read some articles and threads and come back with questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I have hatched numerous times and come across lots of problems that I now know the answers too, but the whole inubation process is farily complex and it would take me a good hour to type it out, not only that but I'm sure I would forgot tons of details. So do some research, and come back with some more specific questions, I'll be glad to answer more broad questions as well as long as it doesn't come down to the entire incuabtion process.

I see in different places which way to have the egg pionting! sum say pionty end down, pionty end up?? which do you do??

Certainly not pointy end up. If you are using automatic egg turners, then they go in pointy end down. The idea is to avoid stress on the air sac of the egg and air sacs form at the large end of the egg. But if you don't have an egg turner, simply lay the eggs down on their sides in a natural postition. I store my eggs pointy end down, and then incubate them on their sides.

Back
Top Bottom