Incubating geese trouble!! please help

Hi Grandma,
If you read the 'goose incubation' sticky on this site, the goose guy expert says if you hear peeping it means the gosling has already internally pipped and is breathing air. He make a very small 'safely hole' in the shell (candle first so you place the hole in the air cell). This makes it so the baby does not run out of air before externally pipping. I have done this a few times and it makes you feel a whole lot more secure about the gosling's chances of hatching. Do please read the sticky! Good luck!

anyprogress on the peeper? I will be checking back all day just to see what happens! I hope you end up with lots of happy healthy babies.

Thanks for the help. Little Talker took from 10pm thursday night until 10am sunday morning to put in an appearence. He did talk the whole time, so we knew he was still alive. we had another gosling hatch before Talker. Talker has become my little kitchen helper. I bring him into the kitchen so that we can bond. He talks to me the whole time doesn't really want anything to do with the other goslings. He is also my only black african to hatch.
Again thank to any and all who helped with ideas.
I also had a surprise hatching of chicks near the sheep shed. I got rid of all my roosters last fall, so this came as quite a surprise. Either my little hen went to visit the neighbors rooster or he came over for lunch and such. I now have 5 new chicks, that are just cute as can be.

Thanks for the help. Little Talker took from 10pm thursday night until 10am sunday morning to put in an appearence. He did talk the whole time, so we knew he was still alive. we had another gosling hatch before Talker. Talker has become my little kitchen helper. I bring him into the kitchen so that we can bond. He talks to me the whole time doesn't really want anything to do with the other goslings. He is also my only black african to hatch.
Again thank to any and all who helped with ideas.
I also had a surprise hatching of chicks near the sheep shed. I got rid of all my roosters last fall, so this came as quite a surprise. Either my little hen went to visit the neighbors rooster or he came over for lunch and such. I now have 5 new chicks, that are just cute as can be.
Congrats on all hatches but now we need Pics!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom