Incubating in egg carton question

audrey02026

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Dedham, Ma
I ordered way too many eggs and I am going to have to use the incubator that I bought as a hatcher. I plan to put my eggs into this incubator in the egg cartons and just put something under one end to raise it as a turning method. I will do this until I can make space in my other incubator due to eggs that do not develop. Then I will move them to the other incubator. I have two questions. First there are 22 extra eggs and only 42 spaces in the first incubator...would you stack them or would you put them in the other bator as mentioned above. 2nd if you did put them in the egg cartons do you remove the bottom of the carton or leave it alone.

Thanks for your replies.

How long will it take you to figure out who are dud eggs?

The others from lay can wait about 10 days before incubating.

They are shipped eggs and I only put the others in last night. The new eggs should be here by next tuesday or wednesday so I probably will not know about the duds for maybe 3 or 4 days after I get the eggs. I don't think that I will be able to get rid of many by then though and would have to either stack or put in other bator anyway.

If you have a second incubator, I would use it. I use egg cartons all the time in the bator. I just remove the top and place the eggs - pointed end down.

I had this same problem. I was going to use one incubator as a hatcher. I ordered shipped egg from different people who were very generous with extra eggs. So have around 100 eggs in 2 Genesis 1588. They are stacked. I have 3 diff hatch dates. Next week I'm going to have to move couple dozen over to the other incubator so I can start hatching in the other. I didn't plan very well until just now
gig.gif
I think I will have least 60 eggs or more stacked in one incubator so I can hatch in the other.

I had this same problem. I was going to use one incubator as a hatcher. I ordered shipped egg from different people who were very generous with extra eggs. So have around 100 eggs in 2 Genesis 1588. They are stacked. I have 3 diff hatch dates. Next week I'm going to have to move couple dozen over to the other incubator so I can start hatching in the other. I didn't plan very well until just now
gig.gif
I think I will have least 60 eggs or more stacked in one incubator so I can hatch in the other.

Funny how chicken math even strike with eggs. I have 4 different hatch dates but one is with a broody so I have very little to do there. I have the brinsea mini advance with 7 eggs in it. I have the 1588 with 42 eggs it that. I will have 41 eggs coming in the next few days. for the Hoverbator 1528 (i think) My hatch dates are march 30th for broody, april 4th for Brahma's and red sex links, April 13th for the some others and then I have chicks being sent from mpc on April 9th and my latest hatch haven't started yet. I'm gonna be overrun with chicks...hopefully. Good lucy with your hatch!!

Funny how chicken math even strike with eggs. I have 4 different hatch dates but one is with a broody so I have very little to do there. I have the brinsea mini advance with 7 eggs in it. I have the 1588 with 42 eggs it that. I will have 41 eggs coming in the next few days. for the Hoverbator 1528 (i think) My hatch dates are march 30th for broody, april 4th for Brahma's and red sex links, April 13th for the some others and then I have chicks being sent from mpc on April 9th and my latest hatch haven't started yet. I'm gonna be overrun with chicks...hopefully. Good lucy with your hatch!!

I have a broody I've been trying to break but might give her some eggs. She's kinda small and probably could cover 4 or 5 eggs. That's not even enough to count.
gig.gif

I have a broody I've been trying to break but might give her some eggs. She's kinda small and probably could cover 4 or 5 eggs. That's not even enough to count.
gig.gif

yeah mine is a little silkie she has 4 eggs. I candled them the other day I think two or three may hatch. I have no roo so these are all shipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom