Incubating pullet egg, first eggs????

partimer

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 11, 2009
:/Just gotta know??? Has anyone tried or hatched chicks from the first eggs laid or very young pullet eggs?? I have 9 BO hatched out here, and now they are laying, and my curiosity and anxiety is getting the best of me. New Years day I would like to set as many as I possibly can. Answers please!!!!! My bator will be filled with Golden comets and I have room for these young birds eggs. I'll wait, many thanx

I started with one group 3 weeks after first lay and the other about a week after first lay. Both eggs did well. Fertility wasn't as high as mature hens, but 50% was awesome in my opinion
smile.png
I wouldn't set eggs that look unusually small, but if they are an OK size, I'd give it a shot. Have you checked to make sure they are fertile?

I did and my fertility and hatch rates were pretty good. I think the girls were 22 weeks old and the roo was 15 weeks when I set the eggs. I set 14 eggs and had 8 hatch but one never got up and 1 died at 3 weeks. The rest are healthy, happy about 8 week old ee x rsl out in the coop now.

Back
Top Bottom