Incubating quail eggs- what am I doing wrong???

It’s day 5 now and humidity got low again when I was gone for about 2 or 3 hours, I don’t know why it’s so hard to keep the humidity constant!

Last edited:
Help! The humidity just went really low again for the 6th or 7th time, and i’m scared now that none of them are going to hatch! :hit

Are using an independent, calibrated hygrometer? or relying on the instruments sensors? What is the brand of the incubator? Most of the cheap foam incubators have highly unreliable, inaccurate sensors, both humidity and temperature.

With Coturnix eggs, it's better to keep the humidity around 30 to 40% Rh for the first 14 to 15 days, raising it to 50 to 55% for 'lockdown'.

Are using an independent, calibrated hygrometer? or relying on the instruments sensors? What is the brand of the incubator? Most of the cheap foam incubators have highly unreliable, inaccurate sensors, both humidity and temperature.

With Coturnix eggs, it's better to keep the humidity around 30 to 40% Rh for the first 14 to 15 days, raising it to 50 to 55% for 'lockdown'.
I am using the Nurture right 360, and I do have an independent thermometer inside that gives both the temperature and humidity.
I have been keeping the humidity 45-55% unless it drops a lot lower, but maybe I should try keeping it a little lower? I don’t know if that will change anything at this point however. (It’s currently day 8)

Sadly none of them hatched!:hitI will probably try again in the spring, maybe try dry incubating.
Oh NO! This is discouraging . . . I have my first attempt at quail hatching in my Nurture Right 360 now . . . started yesterday.

I had it running for ~72 hours ahead of recieving the eggs and felt really good about my stable 99.5 and 45ish% . . . it's been a bit of a roller coaster since putting them in . . . temp is lower than I'd like and humidity is higher . . . sheesh.

Sorry none hatched . . . I'm keeping my fingers crossed here!

Back
Top Bottom