Incubating Turkey Eggs

Missy020219

Songster
Dec 18, 2019
Buick Creek, British Columbia, Canada
So I’m incubating Turkey eggs for the second time. I put 24 eggs in 10 days ago and took 4 out on day 7, as they were not fertile, but all the other eggs had veins yet I couldn’t see and movement inside the egg. I did some research and read that I should check the eggs at a later date. So today, day 10, I checked the eggs again and sure enough all 20 had a little embryo moving around inside. My question is what could have caused me to not see any movement and then 3 days later I do, when day 7 is when I’m supposed to candle?

Many people post about seeing movement within eggs when they're developing. In 50+ years of bird keeping, I have rarely seen movement caused by the developing embryo. The presence of veins is what I really look for as it indicates life. No veins-no life-no development. Should an embryo die in the shell the veins start breaking down immediately.

Many people post about seeing movement within eggs when they're developing. In 50+ years of bird keeping, I have rarely seen movement caused by the developing embryo. The presence of veins is what I really look for as it indicates life. No veins-no life-no development. Should an embryo die in the shell the veins start breaking down immediately.
I’ll keep that in mind for my next incubations.

Back
Top Bottom