INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hugs.gif

We have 3 new chicks just hatched and one that might be out by now. Ones an olive egger (Barnie/olive egger) and 3 are from the coop with an orp and rock over Sussex and rock over dom & rock so one of those lol. A couple look lighter so that'll be fun and there are a bunch more eggs a couple blue, a few green, a Barnie if it's developed and a bunch of those mixes! I hope they do well! Will get pics soon it's so hot here I could die yuck
fl.gif

Hi All,

I have one of my 3 week old Polish chicks that it's bottom beak isn't lined up with the top, and it seems to be getting worse. This chick is smaller than the other 3 from the same hatch - so I think it's not getting as much food. Is there anything I can do to help it?

Thanks!
sorry Kathy, they do get worse as they grow...

For those who know Ur condolences are in order as his second batch of 30 coveted heritage RIR are on day 22 with only two having hatched and the last eight don't look good
sad.png
duc.gif
oh dang !!!! thats a bummer!!

Quote: lol we have horse flys right now, nasty brats !!! chickens dont even wanna go for them!

:clap   everything ok whites?

strong points?  sounds like a silly excuse to me, but it worked for this long keep on doin it!

:lau

Louly Love!! babies are crapping more than you would like to know here today!! ughhhhh 

ohhhhh look at the little white black striped peanut!!!!!!!  Congrats Kathy!!  @Jessimom

Love your wedding images!!!  Mr sexy at yer service!!! 

what kind do you want @Cluckcluck1215

are you free ranging on the other side of the septic too?
:yuckyuck

March first Rainbow from Hoover's Hatchery. Like a RR..
They should be fine with a 24 to 36 hour rest. Most of the rigor leaves in the first 24 and then the amount of tenderizing diminishes over time. If you leave the bone in, rigor leaves faster.

For those who know Ur condolences are in order as his second batch of 30 coveted heritage RIR are on day 22 with only two having hatched and the last eight don't look good
sad.png
That's a bummer.
I have a lot of eggs squeezed into a LG right now and I know only about half will hatch, as long as temps hold steady from this point forward. Trouble is, about half are due in 2 days and 6 hours and there are 3 more settings in there but I had no choice. Part of the problem was many of the eggs were past their prime.
At least I didn't have to buy and ship them.

you cant just have one goat well I guess you can if you gonna sleep wit it

bow.gif

Some people shouldn't keep animals. Or should I say, most people.

You know you are Burd Crazy when......

It is a hot day, so your ducks and chickens get filtered water with icecubes.
lau.gif
Don't they all get ice water?
lol.png

Actually when it is hot I put a frozen water bottle in the founts but don't really use ice water. Too cold on a hot day and it can restrict the capillaries.
Foot baths with a frozen water bottle in them are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom