INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
howdy guys I had a long night....pain was bad....too many pain pills later.....anyway whites glad you got out...I went out the other evening and hooked the biggest walleye I think I ever hooked...unfortunately I was worried about losing out and my drag didn't seem to be working right....well that made me lose it. I was trying to get the net situated because I was by myself and lost the fish at the boat.
Now I realize my motor (tiller control)
Is Broke so I need to fond someone to weld aluminum...but I'm pretty stoked cuz I was fishing only with Berkley Gulp minnows and I bit into several fish that evening all of good size.

Sorry to hear about the rough night Phil. Those are never fun. So when are you going back out after the one that got away?

Just finished my 12 day candle. Life got busy and haven't had a chance till now. Pulled 2 of the giant cochin eggs. 1 early quitter, 1 blood ring.

Still in and looking good
31 Giant Cochin
8 EE that are all blue eggs, hopefully they lay true but we will see.

We will see how they look at lockdown but I'm pretty happy at this point.

@BantyChooks

I love my LG. I will admit I'm guilty of spending more on alterations than the bator itself but was thinking about some of the stuff I've done to mine and thought I would share.

1 bleach seems fine for the bottom portion. My typical routine is soak in straight for 5-10 minutes. Rinse and repeat with a 50:50 bleach water mix, rinse X 2-3 times with water only, allow to sun for 2-3 days and go for it.

2 as I said I have made several alterations but the one I think was most beneficial for bacteria issues was painting the inside of it. Make sure it is a water based paint and it should be fine (test a corner or somewhere to make sure) this made a very easy job of cleaning after hatch and also helped seal the Styrofoam so remnants didn't soak in.

If I had just saved the money I have spent on this thing I could have just bought a nice or built several nice ones. I suppose that's part of the experience though. Hope this helps, let me know if you come up with any specifics that haven't been addressed yet. I saw alot of suggestions on my readback so hopefully you will get it figured out.

Awesome on the eggs
Wouldn't have ever thought about painting the inside, good idea!

One of my chicks looks like it's choking/gasping and the chirps don't sound right...I don't know what's wrong. I can't see anything in its throat. I'm scared. The brooder isn't too hot. They have baby grit. The food is small/crumbles...maybe he drank water and got a little down the wrong tube...do u think he will be ok? Can chickens cough water back up??? Help please!
listen to casportpony aka Kathy

You did not see me afterwards. I should have taken a picture. The video moment was me using a rake to distance myself from the sow. I truly hate the smell of the mud in a pig pen after rain :sick @Fire Ant Farm I will take the rain over piglet catching in four inches or more of mud.
lol I can picture it lol!! At least 4 are gone now!

Sally do you need a male goat? I have beutiful candidate! :lau
that thing is ugly!!

Sorry to hear about the rough night Phil. Those are never fun. So when are you going back out after the one that got away?

Real soon....I'm going out today and buying a new rod and reel for my birthday.....but I'm pretty stoked cuz the fish in little lake seem to be bouncing back....probably take the kayak out soon for a crappie fishing afternoon.

Morning everybody

Good morning!!

Hey, Trouble  :frow

Morning !!

Mornin Benny, Phil, Whites, whoever else is here, and Chaos. :frow

The soccer ball is done now!
-Banti

Good morning, u gonna share an image?

Mornin yall.

Good morning!!

howdy guys I had a long night....pain was bad....too many pain pills later.....anyway whites glad you got out...I went out the other evening and hooked the biggest walleye I think I ever hooked...unfortunately I was worried about losing out and my drag didn't seem to be working right....well that made me lose it. I was trying to get the net situated because I was by myself and lost the fish at the boat.
Now I realize my motor (tiller control)
Is Broke so I need to fond someone to weld aluminum...but I'm pretty stoked cuz I was fishing only with Berkley Gulp minnows and I bit into several fish that evening all of good size.
sorry about the pain :hugs fix the boat and get back out there for that fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom