INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FireAnt Farm so sorry!
Hi everyone! I went to my 25th class reunion yesterday,should have gone to the flat track races. Oh well! Been a hot one here today. Thunderstorm ready to hit soon. But to top it all off my outdoor spigot that is in my well casing is giving us problems. The pitless adaptor is cracked so the water is running non stop. We can't find the exact same one locally in stores. So we have been turning off the pump at night. Worry the darn thing is going to split into pieces and fall down into the pump.
MC hope you feel better!
4more days till babies should start to pip!
fl.gif
good luck!!! so the reunion was a bust?

I'll send you more when I can get my hands on them.
More beer?! :weee
@FireAnt Farm so sorry! Hi everyone! I went to my 25th class reunion yesterday,should have gone to the flat track races. Oh well! Been a hot one here today. Thunderstorm ready to hit soon. But to top it all off my outdoor spigot that is in my well casing is giving us problems. The pitless adaptor is cracked so the water is running non stop. We can't find the exact same one locally in stores. So we have been turning off the pump at night. Worry the darn thing is going to split into pieces and fall down into the pump. MC hope you feel better! 4more days till babies should start to pip!
Sorry about your spigot. Thank you. :hugs Four more loooooong days, huh? :th
Hey! Get out of my lving room! :mad:

Kristin sent me starter and also frozen stuff, I screwed up the first she sent, but I made so many loafs of bread and all screwed up, really really hard outside and yukky middle lol
Do you still have starter? Was it real starter?

I mail out starts and have some great recipes and tips.

Do you have a porcelain dutch oven? You can make bread that is similar to steam injected.

The biggest trick with sourdough is that it will always be sticky so you have to go by stiffness to tell when you have enough flour in it.

Do you still have starter? Was it real starter?

I mail out starts and have some great recipes and tips.

Do you have a porcelain dutch oven? You can make bread that is similar to steam injected.

The biggest trick with sourdough is that it will always be sticky so you have to go by stiffness to tell when you have enough flour in it.

Where did you get your starter?

Or simply sit to pee. When I worked at a retirement home center their bathrooms were horrible. The cabinets were destroyed by the pee splatter. Even if a person was to make it completely in the toilet the splatter would still hit the sides of the cabinets. Made a believer out of me. Beside I don't have to listen to the wife scream when the seat isn't down. Except when the grand kids are here.
Health ordinances here (and probably everywhere) require washable surfaces on any vertical surface near a toilet or urinal.

Helico- spiral like helicopter
Bacter- an abbreviation of Bactetia
Pylori- pylorus is the sfincter, round muscle that close the stomach
It is simple when uou know the mining of the words!
That's how kids win spelling bees. They learn the origin of words. Greek, Latin, Germanic, etc..

No, but I've thought about it!

-Kathy

At any rate, they'd be delicious.

I wonder what will be the taste and the textures , I think that it will resemble a free range turkey
Perhaps they taste like pheasant.

This is another interesting breed that will interest you IMO.
Le fleche chicken

A buddy of mine raises primarily LaFleche. He has about 10 or more varieties of both LF and Bantams.

I would rather clean up after a man than ask him to sit. A man stands to pee. A woman sits.
duc.gif

Yeah, we used those. Nothing like a rough terrain forklift - or a bobcat with forks.

Pens....your making me feel lazy.....oh well i can live with that....
wink.png
Me too. I was getting jealous about all that work getting done.

Remind me of what day the eggs are on? Better yet, what day and time did you set them?

Incubation too long
old eggs
shipping stress
some breeds take longer

are causes but like MC said, it can just take longer sometimes.
Hatching late can also be from low temps, inbreeding, high humidity, large eggs, old breeders, weak embryos(which could be breeder nutrition).

No chirping or movement ...... eggs are mostly dark 'cept one that's only about halfway dark and has something floating in it. I was pretty sure that one was dead, but not according to the float test.
hu.gif
Half way dark when due to hatch is a quitter.

Well, I have an idea. Slowly "assist" an egg. Start chipping away at the shell in the air sac. If the chick is still alive, you can stop when you see trouble. Otherwise, you're just doing an eggtopsie.
I use a small needle nose pliers - if I'm inclined to help.

That's a good idea! Does it matter that none have pipped internally, though?

Alright, will do!

I have 6 eggs that were due 3 hours ago. 1 chick hatched early today, I have 2 pips and 3 eggs doing nothing yet.

@FireAnt Farm so sorry!

Hi everyone! I went to my 25th class reunion yesterday,should have gone to the flat track races. Oh well! Been a hot one here today. Thunderstorm ready to hit soon. But to top it all off my outdoor spigot that is in my well casing is giving us problems. The pitless adaptor is cracked so the water is running non stop. We can't find the exact same one locally in stores. So we have been turning off the pump at night. Worry the darn thing is going to split into pieces and fall down into the pump.

MC hope you feel better!

4more days till babies should start to pip!

:fl    good luck!!!  so the reunion was a bust?

Yes it was a bust for me. With my back issues I couldn't join along on the dance floor and there were mostly unfriendly people present. Funny how they still act the same as25 years ago.
Did get a girls day out in the works. Could be trouble in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom