INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at coop plans and was stunned by the amount of people that painted their coop walls white. Ummmm..... If I did that, they would be irreversibly stained in under 24 hours. :gig

Sounds like fun. Be careful, though; you didn't stock up on much yesterday.

After I wake up enough to get a shower & breakfast, I'll work some more on my new building; got to fix what I screwed up yesterday. I need to drill bolt holes through 7 1/2", 5 3/4" of which is pressure treated. A fully charged battery only lasts for one hole.

Sometime this afternoon we're due @ DD's for a cookout....whoopie.

Sounds like you needed a drill...or at least new batteries.

I was looking at coop plans and was stunned by the amount of people that painted their coop walls white. Ummmm..... If I did that, they would be irreversibly stained in under 24 hours.
gig.gif
Inside or outside?

I don't know why anyone would paint the inside anyway. No real point in it that I can see. I've yet to hear a chicken complain.

Same...... I guess it gives the wood protection, but white?? I'd choose something that would blend in better.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Be careful, though; you didn't stock up on much yesterday.

After I wake up enough to get a shower & breakfast, I'll work some more on my new building; got to fix what I screwed up yesterday. I need to drill bolt holes through 7 1/2", 5 3/4" of which is pressure treated. A fully charged battery only lasts for one hole.

Sometime this afternoon we're due @ DD's for a cookout....whoopie.
You should be grateful you have family to celebrate with. Happy Independence Day whites

I don't know about protection, either. It's in out of the elements; shouldn't be a problem, unless the roof leaks. I built my 1st coop 20 years ago,an 8'x10' walk-in. Never did a thing to the interior walls or floor, and they're in good shape today.

True! I keep forgetting there are actually coops that don't get soaked when it rains. :gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom