INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! JOEY!! That is an AMAZING coop!! What is your rate? I need one of those. :bow
Welcome!!
Welcome!!
Hey, we joined in the same month & year! How cool is that! We'll both be celebrating 1 year at about the same time. :highfive:
:lau

Only bators and new chicks go by my bed, adults go downstairs.
Glad you joined!

There is a dead smell coming from under Stevie Nicks. I will investigate later.
Bonnie Tyler is laying on the floor. I think she is covering my duck egg, and maybe more. Silly girl.
ewww

I need my bed,
Good night to all freinds! The a old as the new!
!לילה טוב
Sleep well!!

I don't think it is as obvious in the picture, but doesn't that look like a hatchery barred rock, and bigger than the others? Correction, the red one is an adult. But the BR looks bigger than the other two pullets to me.
dunno

Hi! My broody hen took a month off and is hatching again today!
barnie.gif
love.gif
th.gif
love.gif
frow.gif
woot.gif

I have a Maran, an Orpington Wyandotte cross, a Pekin Barbu D'Uccle cross and two Sebrights. The new chicks are a Araucana, two Cream Legbars and a Light Sussex. I still have a Maran chick in the egg which i hope will hatch today or tomorrow. It pipped internally in the last 24hrs but hasn't pipped externally yet. It's terribly hard to resist intervening and let nature take it's course. The foster mother abandoned the eggs once she had some chicks so I'm actually brooding in my bra as i don't have an incubator.
Cool! I love mixed flocks!

Nope. No ham on Benny's menu. Benny's Jewish; Jews can't eat pork.
Oh, ok.

There is a dead smell coming from under Stevie Nicks. I will investigate later.
Bonnie Tyler is laying on the floor. I think she is covering my duck egg, and maybe more. Silly girl.
sickbyc.gif

LOL!

I need my bed,
Good night to all freinds! The a old as the new!
!לילה טוב
Good night!

Hi! My broody hen took a month off and is hatching again today!
barnie.gif
love.gif
th.gif
love.gif
frow.gif
clap.gif
LOL! But don't you want more chickens?
woot.gif

I know this is completely unheard of, but I need to collect eggs, and check water.
Collecting eggs is not a problem here; only 3 ATM, with one hen on the nest 24/7. the water, on the other hand,....
I actually caught Momma off the nest this morning, for the 2nd time since this all this started.

I just went into the other room, where the five 3 day olds are, and found two of them on the floor. Not the floor of the brooder; on the floor! I'd been putting their feed in a plastic can lid, but they were scattering it all over the place; mostly under the wire floor where they couldn't get to it. I figured it was time to incorporate the regular feed troughs that hang on the outside, but I left too much gap for them to stick their heads through. Don't take much for a little chick to squeeze through
lol.png

Collecting eggs is not a problem here; only 3 ATM, with one hen on the nest 24/7. the water, on the other hand,....
I actually caught Momma off the nest this morning, for the 2nd time since this all this started.

I just went into the other room, where the five 3 day olds are, and found two of them on the floor. Not the floor of the brooder; on the floor! I'd been putting their feed in a plastic can lid, but they were scattering it all over the place; mostly under the wire floor where they couldn't get to it. I figured it was time to incorporate the regular feed troughs that hang on the outside, but I left too much gap for them to stick their heads through. Don't take much for a little chick to squeeze through
lol.png
LOL, I had some Mille Fleur babies, which I swear are half the size of my silkies. I had them in a dog cage with cardboard around the sides. I swear they would squeeze through the seams of the cardboard. Every day I'd go in and find 1 or 2 trying to figure out how to get back in!!! Then they were with babies months younger than them outside. The others grew big enough for me to incorporate in an older pen. These poor mf chicks were still so tiny, they couldn't move with them because they kept squeezing out of that run as well!! They are on their 3rd set babies. I'm wondering when or if they will ever get bigger.

lol.png
Haha they are ready to explore the outside world already!

Hi!  My broody hen took a month off and is hatching again today! :barnie :love :th :love                    :frow

:weee

Collecting eggs is not a problem here; only 3 ATM, with one hen on the nest 24/7.  the water, on the other hand,....

I just went into the other room, where the five 3 day olds are, and found two of them on the floor. Not the floor of the brooder; on the floor!  I'd been putting their feed in a plastic can lid, but they were scattering it all over the place; mostly under the wire floor where they couldn't get to it. I figured it was time to incorporate the regular feed troughs that hang on the outside, but I left too much gap for them to stick their heads through. Don't take much for a little chick to squeeze through :lol:

:lau

Quote: No it is a little fluffy sheep AKA lamb!
You can't eat pork...ham is pork...how can ham be fine? ham isn't fine for me! Never said anything else.
You're right! I saw "Ham? Ham's fine" in a multi-post and mistakenly attributed it to you. after I'd already said earlier that you couldn't eat pork. Sorry about that, Benny
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom