INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD MORNING PEOPLES

Some PA dutch breakfast anyone?
bun.gif

103_3400.jpg

Looks like your egg needs a blowout patch

I hate to post and run, but its well after chore time and kids want out...... ok I WANT THEM OUT!!!

catch ya all later

Chaos
My crazy chicken friend has a dozen Cayuga eggs but he threw his call drake in with her and her Cayuga drake so there is a chance of Cayuga call

U still want?

Teach those boys to practice CPR...Catch, Photograph, Release. Nothing wrong with keeping some once in a while for eating (they are mighty good eating), but keep the smaller ones; turn the biggies back to spawn & repopulate. Too bad you're on the other side of the world; those boys & I could have loads of fun terrorizing Black Crappie
X2
Quote:
Oh. I didn't know that is how its done. I'll keep that in mind. We are all still learning.
The larger/older the fish, the more eggs they lay. A crappie will start laying between 2 and 3 years depending on latitude and water temperature. At that age, they'll lay between 15-20,000 eggs. An 8 year old fish will lay from 80,000 to 100,000.
They guard their nests but as soon as one is caught, scavengers move in to eat the eggs. You'll even see them chase a fish away and while they're gone another fish will move in to eat some.
Like most members of the sunfish family, they have the tendency to overpopulate depending on predation and the type of water. That doesn't mean there are more good fish, it means growth is stunted due to less food available.
Hence the reason to do catch and release for larger fish and keeping small fish.

Quote:
I'm no expert, but I'll gladly help you & them any way I can; just PM me so we don't hijack the thread.
Hijack away, it's been done before.
hide.gif

Okay. Got it. Its all locked up anyway. Just thought it was awfully powerful for a bb. Lol
It's not your grandfather's BB gun.

Can I candle my eggs yet?? Day 2 isn't too early, right??? I wanna see veins!
Sit on your hands.

I am still alive!!! Praise God... Made it thru 1st day of school and craziness afterwards. Finally got to enjoy my chickies at about 7 tonight
1f625.png
. Didn't have to run around like a chicken to get chicks back in crate.they all huddled in the front trying to fit in like a 6x6 inch spot once sun started going down. So I was able to slowly close door and say goodnight. Ready for fall weather tired of this humidity. It's only 10:40 but feels like it should be like midnight.
I woke up to a heavy fog, 76F and 87% humidity at 6 AM.

Cherry picker or front end loader, neither of which I have. An extra back & pair of hands would solve the dilema, but I doubt DW, all 4'10" of her, would be up to the job w/o hurting herself.
attach 2X braces longer than the wall is tall to a center upright and the top of both sides. Use the center one to lift the wall into a vertical position. Temporarily attach blocks to the floor you can screw or nail those braces to till you get the wall perfectly vertical. If you're able to lift one side of the wall, you may be able to do this by yourself but as you've noted another pair of hands would be peachy.

Well, they're fairly close.
True. But I haven't met you either.

That is also true! But who would take care of my animals while I was gone? I almost never go on vacation anymore, cause all I do while I'm gone is fret about my critters.
hide.gif
Same here.

GOOD MORNING PEOPLES

Some PA dutch breakfast anyone?
bun.gif

103_3400.jpg

Me, me, mee!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back