INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any poachers so I never heard of it.

Do you have a means of weighing them? Do you know what color egg the Ameraucana came out of?

Quote:
Very good theory. I bet that's it.
I don't mix my probiotic powder with feed for that reason. I mix it with their water.
Like pouring cornstarch directly into pan drippings to make gravy.

I missed it live but I saw the race replayed this morning. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday last night at Broadway Oyster Bar. She's gone on a canoe trip today (her actual Bday)

I think you're right. Don't mess with anything as long as it's working. But after this hatch, I'd take it apart and clean it.

Good to know.

You never have to give them cracked corn. Corn is already the main ingredient in most poultry feeds.
If you give scratch grains, they shouldn't make up more than 5-10% of the diet.
Any age CAN eat cracked corn but not until you've provided insoluble grit for them in the appropriate size for the age of the bird.

I never give anything but chicken feed to chicks up till they're at least 10 weeks except what they get when foraging.

Keep in mind that corn is one of the least nutritious seeds and especially low in essential amino acids. At the same time, you want chicks, to get the most nutrition possible. Chick starter/grower has all the nutrients chicks are known to need in the appropriate ratios. Adding other things to that complete feed invariably limits that optimal nutrition.
You need to check that photo
out. He looks over, smiles and all but waves in the middle of the race.
The CL are two and a half months older so right now is not a good time to compare them.
They are true BBS Ameraucana from blue eggs. They came from a breeder in OK. I have two blue and one black cockerel, and a blue hen.

Last edited:
Same thing with zuchinnis, I just froze 5-7 and there's more coming..... Made two loaves of zuchinni bread the other day....
bow.gif
Wonderful! Don't forget Mock Apple Pie made with zucchini. And juicing! No need to buy Gator/Power Ades if you have zucchini and/or cucumbers in the garden. I'm gonna have to plant some veggies next year!

:bow  Wonderful! Don't forget Mock Apple Pie made with zucchini. And juicing! No need to buy Gator/Power Ades if you have zucchini and/or cucumbers in the garden. I'm gonna have to plant some veggies next year!

Ohhh yeah! I need to find a good GF pie crust.... I aint had pie for 4 years... :hit

@mlm MikeHi, do you know what is up with the site and Chrome? The mobile version is not there. I guess I need to post in the technical issue thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom