INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: BENNY STOP TELLING ME TO EAT MY CHICKENS. I have 6 in the dinner club just getting a little more meat on their bones before I send their invitations.

I grew up skinning and eating all sorts of wild game. I'm not squeamish about it. It's just not the right time yet.
thumbsup.gif

From my point of view :
1. You grow and hatch alot of chickens
2. You say that you have TO much birds
3. You Don't sell to much and give them for free (?)
I know that you love to cook
So the logical conclusion is?

( you can always use the as chicken nuggets!
lau.gif
)
I guess I should clarify one point: I don't think I have too many chickens. I'm perfectly happy with the flock I had! Dear darling husband, on the other hand...
lau.gif

I can't resist a broody hen. My breeds aren't generally known for broodiness, so it's a miracle of nature when they set. I was selling chicks to the feed store during the summer, but on my last hatch he said to wait til spring, so I was stuck with those. The chicks I gave for free I didn't have anything in! The broody hatched them and cared for them. And I can't resist toddlers with big brown eyes!

You never do nice things for your friends? But of course! I ALWASE do nice thing for my Freinds,
You never say that the buyers were freinds!
And you should consider listen to the voice of logic in your family. ......
lol.png

Sometimes buyers ARE friends! I've been gifted generously in my farming endeavors, gifts of chickens and hatching eggs, gifts of fencing and seeds, because people believe in my dream. I'd be a monster to not believe in and support the dream of another person just starting out. I want to be the best example of a farmer possible! Generous, helpful, and kind.
X2...keep doing what you're doing.

Oops, I misread your last post to me Benny. I read it as "you should never say buyers are friends." But I still stand by my answer. :D

The girl I traded the hens to had given me hatching eggs earlier in the week. I didn't ask for them and didn't want them, but she was so excited to save them for me I couldn't say no! We became friends when her chickens were dying and I gave her enough corid to treat all her waterers for five days.

[quote name="campingshaws" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/142870#post_17486596"]
I "sold" six chickens today: 2 hens I sold. 2 chicks I threw in for free because the little girl was cute and loved them. 2 more hens I sold for a little cash and the promise of hatching eggs in the spring. That's really helping me decrease my numbers. :highfive:

Eat some of them!
You will have a wonderful dinner AND you will reduce your numbers! Dont give them for free, you invested to much time and money on them not to enjoy them!

BENNY STOP TELLING ME TO EAT MY CHICKENS. I have 6 in the dinner club just getting a little more meat on their bones before I send their invitations.

I grew up skinning and eating all sorts of wild game. I'm not squeamish about it. It's just not the right time yet.

:thumbsup
From my point of view :

( you can always use the as chicken nuggets! :lau)

I guess I should clarify one point: I don't think I have too many chickens. I'm perfectly happy with the flock I had! Dear darling husband, on the other hand... :lau

I can't resist a broody hen. My breeds aren't generally known for broodiness, so it's a miracle of nature when they set. I was selling chicks to the feed store during the summer, but on my last hatch he said to wait til spring, so I was stuck with those. The chicks I gave for free I didn't have anything in! The broody hatched them and cared for them. And I can't resist toddlers with big brown eyes!

You never do nice things for your friends?

But of course! I ALWASE do nice thing for my Freinds,
And you should consider listen to the voice of logic in your family. ......:lol:

Sometimes buyers ARE friends! I've been gifted generously in my farming endeavors, gifts of chickens and hatching eggs, gifts of fencing and seeds, because people believe in my dream. I'd be a monster to not believe in and support the dream of another person just starting out. I want to be the best example of a farmer possible! Generous, helpful, and kind.[/quote]
It is OK by me, you should be what ever you choose to be.
I had the impression that you are hatching as an additional income, I must been mistaken, I won't mention it again.

[quote name="Akrnaf2" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/142860#post_17486611"][quote name="campingshaws" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/142870#post_17486596"]
I "sold" six chickens today: 2 hens I sold. 2 chicks I threw in for free because the little girl was cute and loved them. 2 more hens I sold for a little cash and the promise of hatching eggs in the spring. That's really helping me decrease my numbers. :highfive:

Eat some of them!
You will have a wonderful dinner AND you will reduce your numbers! Dont give them for free, you invested to much time and money on them not to enjoy them!

BENNY STOP TELLING ME TO EAT MY CHICKENS. I have 6 in the dinner club just getting a little more meat on their bones before I send their invitations.

:thumbsup
From my point of view :

( you can always use the as chicken nuggets! :lau)

I guess I should clarify one point: I don't think I have too many chickens. I'm perfectly happy with the flock I had! Dear darling husband, on the other hand... :lau

But of course! I ALWASE do nice thing for my Freinds,
And you should consider listen to the voice of logic in your family. ......:lol:

Sometimes buyers ARE friends! I've been gifted generously in my farming endeavors, gifts of chickens and hatching eggs, gifts of fencing and seeds, because people believe in my dream. I'd be a monster to not believe in and support the dream of another person just starting out. I want to be the best example of a farmer possible! Generous, helpful, and kind.[/quote]
It is OK by me, you should be what ever you choose to be.
I had the impression that you are hatching as an additional income, I must been mistaken, I won't mention it again.[/quote]

Sometimes it is additional income. ;) Mostly it's just an expensive hobby. I want to be self sufficient! But I have a long way to go.

Don't give up on my Benny! I like your presentation of the opposite view point (Talmudic? That's what you said about the pic of dogs and kittens?) I like defending myself once in awhile. It makes my beliefs stronger to hear them out loud or see them written.

My very best friend does this for me in real life, every time I get a crazy dream she sits down with the logistic details.

I have really appreciated having this conversation with you! :hugs

ummmmm, whats in it??

For those that raise and hatch ducks.. do you have to clip their wings to keep them from leaving? We have pools around here, and I heard that sometimes people allergic to chicken eggs, can eat duck eggs and it makes me curious about trying some... but how hard it is to keep them from abandoning ship once they are older?
depends on breed, see link below

Just out of curiosity if next spring, I want to give some baby ducks a go, what are the best starter breeds, for eggs, that aren't known to wander off. We have multiple wading pools on our property, and I of course, could set up a 3-4 pool area for them if they didn't wander under our trees near our horse fences. Our great pyr's by then should be trained to leave them alone.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/DuckBreedComparison.cfm

I have to go get 9 groups of chickens fed and watered and eggs turned.
I'm helping my son and his girlfriend move today. We're picking the truck up in a little bit. It is a perfect day. It is dry, sunny, low humidity and about 60 F with a high of 80 today.
We moved my daughter this very weekend 2 years ago and it was extremely hot and humid.
have fun!!

I guess I should clarify one point: I don't think I have too many chickens. I'm perfectly happy with the flock I had! Dear darling husband, on the other hand...
lau.gif

how about a toddler with big blue eyes?

I should probably go pack, huh?
meh
hu.gif

Good morning everyone!
Good Morning!!

Good morning Kathy!
Nice avatar (?)
its from a movie, Happy Gilmore

Oops, I misread your last post to me Benny. I read it as "you should never say buyers are friends." But I still stand by my answer.
big_smile.png

The girl I traded the hens to had given me hatching eggs earlier in the week. I didn't ask for them and didn't want them, but she was so excited to save them for me I couldn't say no! We became friends when her chickens were dying and I gave her enough corid to treat all her waterers for five days.

Awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom