INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: That's what I end up doing, not on purpose, just don't have any trick or treaters here. Buy some candy though, just in case this is the year.
Been here since '73; next trick-or-treater will make #1. Don't want candy enough to walk 600+ feet after it, uphill both ways. Houses aren't close enough in this immediate area to make it worthwhile.

Quote: Banti sweets!!!! I didnt even think when asking about the Halloweeen Hal!!! I am so sorry, why didnt you say no??? ughhhh you must speak up about this stuff !!! I am sorry!

Can someone explain me the meaning of Halloween?
lau.gif
need a holiday every month !!! excuses to do cool stuff, Its awesome to decorate in a theme, and Halloween is awesome to decorated for! I miss living in town, but I would be one of those that they demand I remove my decorations because I am SICK!!!! LMAO!!! So cool to dress up the kids, although I could do without the hosue to house begging stuff lol

Quote:
goodpost.gif

Quote: No no! I also can do a Google search! I want to understand the meaning for YOU.

clap.gif

Quote: No no! I also can do a Google search! I want to understand the meaning for YOU.

I don't think there is a real meaning other than fun for kids, now people older also use it as an excuse to dress up and have parties.
x2

Banti sweets!!!!  I didnt even think when asking about the Halloweeen Hal!!!  I am so sorry, why didnt you say no???   ughhhh you must speak up about this stuff !!! I am sorry!

:lau   need a holiday every month !!!  excuses to do cool stuff,  Its awesome to decorate in a theme, and Halloween is awesome to decorated for!  I miss living in town, but I would be one of those that they demand I remove my decorations because I am SICK!!!! LMAO!!!    So cool to dress up the kids, although I could do without the hosue to house begging stuff lol 

:goodpost: CB

:clap
x2   

Didn't matter, a HAL is just a HAL no matter the theme!

ETA: And no need to be sorry!!!

Last edited:
Do any of you hatch serama eggs?
I'm near lockdown on bantam cochin/seramas...
I stored both at room temperature (cochin were shipped, seramas are mine)
I experimented with the seramas and put 3 in the fridge at 42°...of course they were doa at day 7...the other 6 I stored at room temp on my kitchen island (72-74). I've had all 6 start...two have died. I have 4 left.

Do y'all think I need to store the eggs I'm collecting for my next try at seramas differently than room temperature?

I will not give up!!
1f423.png

Any other suggestions for serama eggs?
I start mine at 50-55 humidity CALIBRATED, I run a hot bator at 100.5 CALIBRATED, on day 10 I will add water only if needed or adjust throughout, KEEP in mind with serama, they are small, so in the last FOUR days humidity can drop quickly and what you thought looked like a good air cell now has gotten way too large.

Reminder..... It is not SET IN STONE that you have to only candle certain days, candle more after day 10 to keep a closer eye on them! lock down day 17-18 depending on candle and draw down.

How long are you storing them? are you turning enough during storage?

The fan looks more confusing than the stc
its really not, dont overthink it the electricals, once you do it you will be like DOH!

Quote: x2

Quote: ughhhh

Quote: That's what I end up doing, not on purpose, just don't have any trick or treaters here. Buy some candy though, just in case this is the year.
Been here since '73; next trick-or-treater will make #1. Don't want candy enough to walk 600+ feet after it, uphill both ways. Houses aren't close enough in this immediate area to make it worthwhile.
never had one here either danggg KNOCK ON WOOD

Banti sweets!!!! I didnt even think when asking about the Halloweeen Hal!!! I am so sorry, why didnt you say no??? ughhhh you must speak up about this stuff !!! I am sorry!

lau.gif
need a holiday every month !!! excuses to do cool stuff, Its awesome to decorate in a theme, and Halloween is awesome to decorated for! I miss living in town, but I would be one of those that they demand I remove my decorations because I am SICK!!!! LMAO!!! So cool to dress up the kids, although I could do without the hosue to house begging stuff lol

goodpost.gif

clap.gif

x2
I charge my kids a candy-fee, for taking them trick or treating. I used to actually trick or treat with them, up until a couple of years ago, my husband told me that once I hit 30, I was too old to go trick or treating anymore. LOL

(I always dressed up, so no one ever questioned it.)

Last edited:
what its says lol 

the younger is trying to nurse off the older one.  she isnt in milk 
Did the younger one just wean or wean early? I am not sure, but if it is hurting she should head butt her. If it is like cows some will actually allow other young, and the occasional one I have heard will actually start milking. Unless she starts hurting the other goats udder or she keeps it up long term I would not worry. I am not an expert on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom