INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby said turkey/ducks fine. I got the incubator setup in my daughters room, I'm trying to figure out how to get the temp/right. I don't have ANYTHING in there for humidity, and it's reading around 60% I think I may use small egg cartons and keep the shipped eggs upright, and just turn by hand, then lay them down for lock down. Hopefully that helps their success rate on the next batch, providing I can get the humidity/temp right.

I've never worked with a hooverbator before, and it's a lot more complicating then just turning it on. LOL

Hubby approved the big metal tub for the turkeys, and I'll get another big brooder box for the ducks and he said I could buy some sex linked babies.... I really, really love my husband.

As you can see the webbing has been cut away for larger bugs. Fingers of little ones would get in this so I keep it high above just at my reach. This one also comes on at dusk off at dawn. If I don't brush bugs into bucket the birds have learned to wait for the light to go off and they come in and clean it up.
Bucket is easily removed when feeding to chickens. Some bugs are only stunned and will fly out.
perfect, I showed my husband the picture, explained how it worked, and why, and now, I just have to wait to see if he agrees to help me find a place to put one. LOL

my daughter will LOVE dumping out buckets of bugs for her birds. haha!

perfect, I showed my husband the picture, explained how it worked, and why, and now, I just have to wait to see if he agrees to help me find a place to put one. LOL

my daughter will LOVE dumping out buckets of bugs for her birds. haha!

You can leave the webbing intact. I've found that the moths don't go in without cutting it. If you have that many bugs keep it away from the house as BBQ bug doesn't smell nice.

Hi! Ready for the heat today?

-Kathy

Yep, we are going to Apple Hill today so we will escape some of the heat. Back for the afternoon unfortunately so not missing much of it.

How are the two pea chicks. Was their weight down due to drying up and absorbing the yolk sac? Or was I imagining it down?

Stay as cool as you can... We're supposed to hit 104 today. :(

Two chicks seem to be doing well, and it's not your imagination, they have lost weight, which is normal, and it because they are digesting the yolk sac. Weighing them daily can be nerve wracking until their weight starts going back up.

The white one that I assisted is quite a bit slower than the one that went from internal pip to hatch in 24 hours, but I'm hoping it will be okay.

-Kathy

So I made PDF's of some nutrional stuff from a book:

[ATTACHMENT=1048]nutrient_poultry.pdf (1,332k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1044]nutrient_chicken.pdf (1,197k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1045]nutrient_duck.pdf (206k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1046]nutrient_goose.pdf (213k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1047]nutrient_turkey.pdf (439k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1049]nutrient_misc_game.pdf (238k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1050]nutrient_deficiency.pdf (993k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=1051]nutreint_toxicity.pdf (244k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Above from this book:
[COLOR=336699]Nutrient Requirements of Poultry: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Ninth Revised Edition, 1994[/COLOR][COLOR=333333] [/COLOR][COLOR=333333](1994)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]-Kathy[/COLOR]

Thanks Kathy added to my reading list.

Stay as cool as you can... We're supposed to hit 104 today. :(

Two chicks seem to be doing well, and it's not your imagination, they have lost weight, which is normal, and it because they are digesting the yolk sac. Weighing them daily can be nerve wracking until their weight starts going back up.

The white one that I assisted is quite a bit slower than the one that went from internal pip to hatch in 24 hours, but I'm hoping it will be okay.

-Kathy

:fl
On the white and yes it was messing with me till I figured it should be down due to yolk sac.

Which part?

All
Morning Abi

:hugs
Chicky #2 is out!!!! Noisy little suckers!!:weee

:celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom