INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sally Sunshine

I just thought of something. You said a couple days ago you can't hunt at your place. I don't remember what the reason was.
Could you use a vertical bow or crossbow?
nope but I live just near game lands and the Appalachian trail is just up the road
lau.gif
so I have plenty places to go here, and my dad has property I can go but we dont like to shoot them. I am thinking about a cross bow at some point, because with my feet the way they are, its hard on me with the cold and actually setting somewhere. I dont have fancy blinds like y'all have

Quote:
No these were on time. I did a staggered hatch. I had eggs from three different breeder. 10 days ago I hatched 4 Bielefelder from the first set of eggs. One died 3 days later. I have no idea why.It looked like a healthy chick. Eating and drinking good. No chicks hatched with my second set of Bielefelder eggs. Very disappointing because I only have female Bielefelder chickc and I was hoping for a male. I got these Barnevelder for their double lace feathers.

I trying to decide if I should try hatching eggs again for more Bielefelder or to buy chicks? I'm leaning toward buying chicks.

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

I'm as caught up to this thread as I'll ever be. I cheated though and read every 4th or 5th page....Did catch most of the drama.

I will be candling the eggs in the mind reader bator tonight. I only candled them on day 7. 6 of the 7 eggs were developing well and one was clear. Today is day 14. Bator has been running pretty smooth. These are my NYD HAL eggs. Seramas from my flock.

The R-com has 11 shipped Serama eggs and 4 of my Serama eggs in it. They were set last Saturday. All 4 of mine are developing great. Out of the shipped eggs which mostly were messed up, 4 are developing. One had a blood ring and nothing in the rest. I have not taken any out yet to open them. Out of the 4 that are developing, two are pretty bad saddle cells and two are almost normal looking cells.

Mind Reader Bator

Cells marked the day I set the shipped eggs. The ones that are developing are the top one that's in a row by itself, the two on the far right of the middle row, (horrible, wonky cells!), and the one on the far right in the bottom row.
Which R-Com do you have? How do you like it? We have been drooling over the R-Com 20 Pro USB in Stromberg's catalog. Not in the budget currently though, but if I keep having problems I may just start saving up for it.

oh good!! I should have read your post better cause you said you saw it lol
I don't remember seeing anything in the thread about embryonic development though. Going to guess that the fenbendazole does not effect it since it has been approved for breeders. Don't know if it will be approved stateside anytime soon for poultry though. Did like the info about the Panacur AquaSol, it is water soluble so it does not need to be stirred/agitated and it won't clog automatic waterers or poultry nipples. Available for swine, so going to be looking for it at the feed store. FYI it is double the strength of the one for goats.

Trying to get caught up on posts, think I am going to give up for the moment. Will just have to remember to try to check out all the malposition stuff being posted by casportpony later.

Good night everyone.

nope but I live just near game lands and the Appalachian trail is just up the road
lau.gif
so I have plenty places to go here, and my dad has property I can go but we dont like to shoot them. I am thinking about a cross bow at some point, because with my feet the way they are, its hard on me with the cold and actually setting somewhere. I dont have fancy blinds like y'all have
Trust me; mine's anything but fancy; heck, it ain't even plumb. I just built a 8'x10' platform about 18" off the ground and put four walls, three windows, and a door on it, with a tin roof. It's functional, barely. I built it big enough for two, but mostly use it alone.

If you decide you want a crossbow, you might want to look into the Excalibur. They're a bit pricier than some, but they're the only one on the market with recurve limbs, as opposed to wheels and cams. The advantage is that you can change the string in the field if need be, instead of having to take it to a shop to have a cable or cams and wheels replaced.

No these were on time. I did a staggered hatch. I had eggs from three different breeder. 10 days ago I hatched 4 Bielefelder from the first set of eggs. One died 3 days later. I have no idea why.It looked like a healthy chick. Eating and drinking good. No chicks hatched with my second set of Bielefelder eggs. Very disappointing because I only have female Bielefelder chickc and I was hoping for a male. I got these Barnevelder for their double lace feathers.

I trying to decide if I should try hatching eggs again for more Bielefelder or to buy chicks? I'm leaning toward buying chicks.
no I meant late in the mail! sorry
lau.gif

Trust me; mine's anything but fancy; heck, it ain't even plumb. I just built a 8'x10' platform about 18" off the ground and put four walls, three windows, and a door on it, with a tin roof. It's functional, barely. I built it big enough for two, but mostly use it alone.

If you decide you want a crossbow, you might want to look into the Excalibur. They're a bit pricier than some, but they're the only one on the market with recurve limbs, as opposed to wheels and cams. The advantage is that you can change the string in the field if need be, instead of having to take it to a shop to have a cable or cams and wheels replaced.
what I need is a built in babysitter for next year, now that I can do things again! Mom is retired since last year, so thats a plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom