INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would clean that up, and I wouldnt stitch it @casportpony as I suggested clean it thorough and then just keep spraying it and let it dry out, if you can keep flies off it will grow closed
I've had bigger scratches on my eyeball! Just kidding. I wouldn't suture it either, I would do just as Sally suggests. -Kathy

Pay more
For junk
tongue.png
Not a doubt in my mind!

Morning everyone! I'm finally one week away from our first chicks hatching and super excited, mama hens been doing such a great job. Though she is starting to look exhausted. Okay so my question is: Is there a safe way I can move mama hen and her eggs inside into the brood box before the hatch?

Right now she is outside in a laying/nesting box off the ground. And I would prefer her and thr eggs inside, it might be to cold for the chicks outside. And I don't want the other chickens pecking at the darling chickens either.

I was thinking of setting up the brood box with lots of cedar shake and moving her in there in the dark of night?

Thanks everyone, I'm starting to clam down about it.  He still drinks and eats and it doesn't seem to bother him when I clean it so that's good.

:confused:g I'm sure the little guy will be fine, but I probably would've freaked out at first too.

Morning everyone! I'm finally one week away from our first chicks hatching and super excited, mama hens been doing such a great job. Though she is starting to look exhausted. Okay so my question is: Is there a safe way I can move mama hen and her eggs inside into the brood box before the hatch?

Right now she is outside in a laying/nesting box off the ground. And I would prefer her and thr eggs inside, it might be to cold for the chicks outside. And I don't want the other chickens pecking at the darling chickens either.

I was thinking of setting up the brood box with lots of cedar shake and moving her in there in the dark of night?

I think you should find a way to box her off where she is close to hatch day and move her after the chicks hatch.

I would wait until they hatch, mine if bothered once sitting have broke the eggs before they were due to hatch if bothered. once they hatch you can move them together.

The chicks will be fine with momma. She'll protect them and keep them warm, but if you move them to a brooder, avoid using cedar. The aromatic oil in cedar with irritate their sensitive nasal passages. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom