INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I saw this forum & am interested in being apart of it. Also on the other hand I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with if possible. Ive got 7 babies that have internally & externally pipped & have been this way all day with no further progress. Im not worried about helping them out of their shells ive done it with 3 other chicks I had in my other batches my concern is that they all still have good blood veins showing on the membrane & its been about 24 hours since the majority of them internally pipped. Anyone by chance have any thoughts on what I can do or how much longer I should give them. Im also wondering if it could be a problem with the yolk sacks, in the early stages of incubation the bator got up to 106 I thought I had killed them all but decided to hold off on tossing them glad I did but the edges of the yolk seemed to be darker than the rest during the rest of incubation. This morning ! of the babies died so I checked it out & it still had a good bit o yolk sticking out but also it was black halfway black on the inside o the sack. Not sure what to do these ones seem ok they are breathing & chirping fine they just aren't even trying to come out past the openings they have.

Hey ChickenHawk, can you have your mom look at the chicks and see what she thinks? It's a hard decision to make over the Internet.

Good luck to you, and I hope the other chicks are doing well!

Hello all. I saw this forum & am interested in being apart of it. Also on the other hand I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with if possible. Ive got 7 babies that have internally & externally pipped & have been this way all day with no further progress. Im not worried about helping them out of their shells ive done it with 3 other chicks I had in my other batches my concern is that they all still have good blood veins showing on the membrane & its been about 24 hours since the majority of them internally pipped. Anyone by chance have any thoughts on what I can do or how much longer I should give them. Im also wondering if it could be a problem with the yolk sacks, in the early stages of incubation the bator got up to 106 I thought I had killed them all but decided to hold off on tossing them glad I did but the edges of the yolk seemed to be darker than the rest during the rest of incubation. This morning ! of the babies died so I checked it out & it still had a good bit o yolk sticking out but also it was black halfway black on the inside o the sack. Not sure what to do these ones seem ok they are breathing & chirping fine they just aren't even trying to come out past the openings they have.

Hi goinginblind!
frow.gif

I am not sure what exactly your asking, why are you seeing yolks? are they not coming out of the shells on their own is this what your saying? your in the process of assisting? sorry I am just a bit confused. The black may well have been bacteria, that could have come from washing eggs, bacteria in the bator, other eggs, incubation temps and so forth.

If these eggs were in the bator when it went to 106, I have a suspicion that they may have issues similar to the one that died. There's no way to confirm this since they're still alive, but if any more don't make it, be sure to do eggtopsies on them as well. Only thing you can do at this point is wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom