INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you do it for a living, the last thing you want to do is do it in your free time... unless the wife threatens to do it... in which case you will kill yourself to make sure she doesn't. Sounds like you've found the key to getting hubs to do what you want.

Alright is there a way to lower that without causing too much damage? (Assuming the chicks arent damaged already by the high humidity)
You can use a tabelspoon or two of rice, that has helped me drop the humidity when I was running dry but the humidity was still to high.

I'm gonna guess that your hen weighs ~5 pounds. Dose for treating all chicken worms is 50mg/kg orally for five consecutive days. Math is weight of bird in pound, divide by 2.2, times 50, divide by 100 = number of ml to give.

5 / 2.2 x 50 / 100 = 1.136, so round up to 1.15 ml.

A 25 gram tube = 25 ml.

Chickens and dogs get 50mg/kg for several days, horses, goats and cows get just 5mg/kg.

-Kathy
Stop! Fenbendazole paste is not water soluble, it must be given orally!

It must be given orally, and the dose is *much* more than a pea size amount. A pea size amount has only 25 mg.

From left to right:
Small = 10mg ( .1cc) = enough for a 200 gram (7 ounce) bird at 50mg/kg
Medium = 25mg (.25cc) = enough for a 500 gram (17 ounce) bird at 50mg/kg
Large = 50mg ( .5cc) = enough for a 1000 gram (35 ounce) bird at 50mg/kg
50 mg/kg for 5 days is what my vets and other vets have recommended.

Everyone, I like Dawg53 a lot, but the recommendation of 3 cc in the water is unlikely to treat any worms. Same is true for the infamous "pea size" amount. A five pound hen should get ~115 mg, not 25 mg.

Capillary worms

This chick had 3 cc Safeguard in the water:

Those are roundworms, the easiest of all the worms to kill.

-Kathy

Okay, so if I've got this right I've got to give her 50 mg(the large amount in the pea picture.) orally for 5 consecutive days.

Those aircells look like mine did on day 18. I'd run closer to 50'ish on RH if those were my eggs...
frow.gif
echo
hugs.gif

Quote: No. I guess it's just been too long since I hatched. It looked too red (not the pink you see in the picture). All else seems okay. Just wanted to be safe.

MC see how the membrane has the veins in it outer near shell ??

CAM aka chorioallantoic membrane

CAM%201.jpg
they are not that big in this photo, but you get the idea, you just have tons of tiny veining in those eggs, and you can easily see they have no more blood it they do its been dried inside.

ijmsv11p1275g002.jpg

Last edited:
MC see how the membrane has the veins in it outer near shell ?? CAM aka chorioallantoic membrane
CAM%201.jpg
they are not that big in this photo, but you get the idea, you just have tons of tiny veining in those eggs, and you can easily see they have no more blood it they do its been dried inside.
hey,ms,SALLY I'm worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom