INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it earlier, but the creative juices aren't flowing too well tonight. My brain's dead, but I'll look at it again tomorrow and try to offer some suggestions. Have a good night, Trojan lady!

Haha! Thanks! Fight On!
1f609.png
1f44f.png

Did you go to USC??
270c.png

Hey hot pepper girl! Brutal cold finally snapped. It's 20 , here now that's 49 degrees warmer than yesterday.
AWESOME, glad your temps warmed up!! We hit 91 today. It was 75 at 7 am. Definitely too warm for February!!

Something is amiss. Yes, the water should be around 100F, same as the air temp... or close to it. It might be a little cooler due to thermal conduction through the bottom of the tray, but should still be warm. The temp below the mesh should be similar to the surrounding air since it is a fan-forced bator. The fan may not be running fast enough to circulate the air like it should. I believe it also has an adjustment in the menu.

The water shouldn't be slimy. Not sure what that's all about, but I highly recommend distilled or RO/DI water instead of tap. Pennies may attract some impurities, but copper also oxidizes in the presence of moisture. Not worth the risk to me...

You're a(king about the "egg-o-meter".
Thank you! I sent an email to Incubator Warehouse today, I got voicemail when I called, so thought email might be easier. I do use RO water. And, I will look for the Egg-o-meter!!

Thanks again!

quote "TJChickens"
How could your darling daughter not become a vet?
:) Peaky is adorable. I will make sure you get more pea chicks this year... ;)

You are so sweet :hugs

Hi.. I have fertile hatching duck eggs being shipped to me today. I should receive them by Thurs. can anyone direct me to a site that will tell me what to do first when i receive my eggs?
Do i keep them warm 70 degrees?
Do I lay them on their side when I first get them home? or do i set them in the UN-heater incubator immediately, AC up?
Do I set them in my heated and ready to hatch incubator as soon as i bring them home? or, or, or?
I have been searching for this info and can not find any.
Can anyone help me. thank you

Hi.. I have fertile hatching duck eggs being shipped to me today. I should receive them by Thurs. can anyone direct me to a site that will tell me what to do first when i receive my eggs?
Do i keep them warm 70 degrees?
Do I lay them on their side when I first get them home? or do i set them in the UN-heater incubator immediately, AC up?
Do I set them in my heated and ready to hatch incubator as soon as i bring them home? or, or, or?
I have been searching for this info and can not find any.
Can anyone help me. thank you

Make sure they are at least room temp before adding to the bator
I would keep them upright, fat end up, being shipped eggs
Check your AC as soon as you get them and check for cracks etc.

Good Morning Local, How are you this fine Tuesday morning?
We went from freezing rain Monday morning to mid 50's and a lot of rain this morning
barnie.gif

I am about fed up with freezing rain and Monday moanings.
Have a good day everybody!
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom