INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 2 dozen
old.gif

I was going to suggest 200.
big_smile.png

NTBugtraq 1/30 50 eggs into each tray this time, achieving the Brinsea Ova Easy 100 suggested limit. These eggs come from my own layers, who are first generation offspring of pure Black Copper Marans Roosters mated with a dual purpose bird resembling a Red Sexlink. These birds are inbreeds, as they are mating with their own fathers. The oldest layer is ~34 weeks old, the youngest only 24 weeks. @NTBugtraq you lockingdown?

Wow, Sally, I am impressed. Yes, I took 83 into lockdown yesterday.
fl.gif
The recent ridiculously below freezing spell has put a huge dent in my layers production, so my next setting (2/23) will have more older eggs (e.g. up to 15 days old). Practically every egg laid over the past 5 days has been cracked due to freezing, even with me checking on them hourly.

My first hatch is feathering out nicely. Chicks are currently ~22 days old.

Premier1 needs to explain how they missed this pose. The lid is supposed to keep chicks off the top of the brooder plate...

I hope everyone else is having great success.

Wow, Sally, I am impressed. Yes, I took 83 into lockdown yesterday.
fl.gif
The recent ridiculously below freezing spell has put a huge dent in my layers production, so my next setting (2/23) will have more older eggs (e.g. up to 15 days old). Practically every egg laid over the past 5 days has been cracked due to freezing, even with me checking on them hourly.

My first hatch is feathering out nicely. Chicks are currently ~22 days old.

Premier1 needs to explain how they missed this pose. The lid is supposed to keep chicks off the top of the brooder plate...

I hope everyone else is having great success.
love.gif
How cute!
-Banti

I have 5 RIR's with rooster, and 2 barred rocks hen's, just checked the box again after getting back home one egg so I'll look later tonight,

Second chick is out!
But I think that the first aracaouna that piped dyed! The first cheeck turn it up side down on the pip hole and I think that what killd it.
In the morninig it wase chirping when I retourned home nothing!
oh no!!! next time clear the peep hole!

MALPOSITIONS /PIPS WRONG END are the first to pip and the last DIS after hatch post #19606
Malposition (pipped wrong end) chick most times will hatch! VIDEO post #22241
A WRONG END PIP IS BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL Pip! post #518454 VIDEO HATCHING post #54642

I'm going away for a couple days and it's already Day 14 so I converted from incubator to hatcher. It involved removing the turning nest and unplugging the turner, dropping the floor down to level, adding shelf liner, and replacing the eggs and guards. Humidity is about 30% Temps are stable.

Ignore the therm. I had taken it out for conversion. Now I wait. When I return I'll pump up the humidity and adjust eggs as needed. One week to go.
how did candle go? looks like it went well!! air cells look small for day 14 or are those day 7 marks?
can you do me a favor when you return and get time? Can you please combine your posts into one post? I have to get rid of some links on the notes page it keep giving me errors its so long, so the items that have several pages I am either making article pages up or redoing on one single post if that makes sense!!!
Taos genius microwave turner starting post #1516 post #1520 post #2150 post #35831 post #1790 post #43486 post #48591post #51403 post #56355

Hey all. Set 29 eggs in the hatcher this morning. AND!!! My doe kidded yesterday!!!
wee.gif

She was a month ahead of what I thought. So it was a big surprise to say the least.

Good luck with the hatch! and CONGRATS!!! a big congrats!!! they are lovely little ones!!! Hope they do well!!

Quote: awesome!!

My kid with the kids! We put them in their half of the barn last night but I think it was too cold for them. We're going to keep them in the dog crate on the porch (smaller space and more sheltered) at night until they get a little bigger. But they'll still go to the barn during the day.
awwwwwww campin the boy.... can I have him please>???? wanna hug him and keeeeeeessssss him!!!
Glad things are going well with them, your such a good momma keepin them warm!!

3 out two pipped!
GO BABIES!!! good luck!

@Sally Sunshine given the low hatch rate of shipped eggs, how many should I order to get try to end up with a couple of hens and a cockrel or two to get ready to breed? Ordering RIR
Good morning!
your getting RIR or HRIR ? you want to breed them I would look into two sources to be honest. and ask for 14 or 15 eggs no one said we have to order in set dozens and expect extras, ASK for what you want and how you want them collected and shipped. And tell them you will gladly pay extra, HOWEVER only if they have enough hens to support your TWO DAY fresh eggs to be sent! ASK HOW MANY HENS THE person has before you order..... Tricky....... and again find two sources.... I love HRIR you may or not be getting them, please know what your getting before you get them because your going to be breeding and somepoint down the line you may say to yourself... I wish I had found a better resource and gotten the best quality I could get my hands on... Never rush when your starting out.... research and talk to many...

Tony has HRIR and he knows what I am talking about as well as fire and many others, your able to learn from those of us that have been there done it.....

Quote: see above Chaos, perhaps something like that should be adding to the shipping stuff or letter?

Quote:
impressed with what? They are looking great!! good luck with lockdown thats bunch heading in there!! good for you!! do those plates get raised or just stay low? dont have any. Hope you have a great day and chicks filling up tomorrow!!

Alright, I've read that there's no such thing as crested Muscovy ducks. I have a Crested hen that I never planned on breeding because of the risk. Well, I just discovered that half of my eggs in the incubator that I thought were pure Muscovy were laid by my Crested hen. Now what I'm reading makes it sound like it's impossible for a Muscovy and a Crested to breed at all, whether the babies have crests or not, but all of the eggs are developing. I'm seriously confused. I'm hoping that the babies will be alright since Muscovies aren't supposed to be able to have crests anyways.
Muscovies can breed with what I call "quackers".

Quote: Source: http://www.metzerfarms.com/MuleDucks.cfm

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom