INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you doing with them tao?

is that what oval is to give? girls?

Right now just some natural remedies. Cleaning, drying, airing out coop. Scrubbing waterers daily. ACV, probiotics, electrolytes. The only symptoms are respiratory. No discharge. No GI issues noted. Healthy eating foraging drinking and laying habits. It is already improving, but if it doesn't continue to improve I have antibiotics ready.

I have 3 white silkies and a black show girl hen to day my show girl hatched a chick she is in with my other 2 hens and rooster it's been cool here in ky down in the 20 and 30s at night I have a small coop from tsc do I need a heat lamp to insure that the baby don't get cold

Not as long as she stays under mama hen

I have 3 white silkies and a black show girl hen to day my show girl hatched a chick she is in with my other 2 hens and rooster it's been cool here in ky down in the 20 and 30s at night I have a small coop from tsc do I need a heat lamp to insure that the baby don't get cold
I wouldn't heat it. Mama hen will take care of it.

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine

Your hello gif gets me every time. I love it!
I know and everytime I go to get a different lionel and then I just grab that one, lol

Ok guys...I picked up 7 new BR pullets from some hatchery...lady bought too many thinking some would die in shipping but they didnt, so I got 2.5 MO old pullets for $8 each...good price imo.

I also pinned down some Dominique chicks I should pick up when they hatch this week! Yay!

And all 16 from my first hatch yall wallet through are healthy so far!

Lastly, I have 22 rir eggs, one bcm egg, and three EE mix (dunno which roo covered them, wasn't planning on setting any from them for another 3 weeks lol) (roo could be bcm or a layer mutt or a blue ameraucana or a white leghorn) and two game eggs in the bator! So they would be due the 21st right?
its the 29th today?

These are great for mice, bet a rat could get into this size too, but they have larger ones, then you don't have to worry about the chickens hurting themselves with something, or poison. I caught 5 mice at once in this thing.
That's peanut butter in there, I have one or two in this one.

thumbsup.gif

I'm thinking about hatching my seramas in egg trays and then just tipping them to the side to turn them. Does that make sense? Anyways do you think a quail egg tray would fit serama eggs comfortably?
it depends on the size of the eggs.

Last edited:
What it called.and where can u get it These are great for mice, bet a rat could get into this size too, but they have larger ones, then you don't have to worry about the chickens hurting themselves with something, or poison. I caught 5 mice at once in this thing. That's peanut butter in there, I have one or two in this one.

Uh oh... now I have to figure out how to make plans??? The plans are in my head... and it may take some doing to get them out!!!
hu.gif

That's how most of my building goes. I think about the basic design and dimensions, and then rough out the framework. As I'm roughing out the framework, I'm thinking about the next phase, and while I'm working on the second phase, I'm thinking and planning out the third phase... and this continues until I have a finished project. Every plan I've ever put down on paper ended up looking nothing like the finished product. Now, the only thing I put on paper is a list of materials.

If I can get enough free time, I'll try to work up the dimensions, and perhaps a rough sketch....
A list of materials would be awesome. My hubby always ends up buying more than we actually use, at least until we find a way to use them. but a rough idea of what to do first and the basic dimensions with some photos of what you've got would be awesome. I appreciate it a bunch.

Hi
frow.gif
@Chicken boi 30 welcome to the thread and welcome to BYC too! how old are they? and if she is with momma the momma hen should keep her plenty warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom