INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sally & everyone, just candled my 7 day old eggs. What's everyone think of the AC size? I'm thinking they are a little big, but I always struggle with that. I have been running a dry hatch at about 25% humidity. Trying to compare them to a picture is not doing it for me, Lol.

@Sally Sunshine

@kwhites634happy building! Pictures requested
@Chaos18nice eggs good luck! Thanks for the shipping report.
@chicken hawk 33 how is the goose egg?
@Sally Sunshine I hope you are well and did not loose anything with the power outage.
@tao chick how is the build coming along?
@LittleLakePhilhow are the walleye? Yummy
@Sarisany hatch progress?
@gotro17 very pretty eggs

Thanks for checking in. It's pretty tedious. I've spent two full days working through different problems with the auto turner. Finally tonight I decided to order a motor with more torque. It should solve that issue. I haven't started wiring the thermostat or fans yet. While I'm confident that it could be the easiest part, I'm also discouraged by the amount of time it has taken me to get this far.
Arg.

I also had to toss a bunch of eggs. I now have 3 left in my incubator.
Arg.

To all: may you have a great Friday!
Good night.

Hello @Sally Sunshine , [COLOR=5E5E5E]3 Guests [/COLOR]ChickenLady2014 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Jessimom Peachickie [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Roada Red chattery41 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]chicken hawk 33 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]jwlpoultry kwhites634 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]lozerface79 [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]sarah25bear and everyone else. -Kathy
Hi Kathy! How are you?
I'm fine, how are you? -Kathy
Doing good, getting ready for the Easter hatch-a-long

hugs.gif
Kat!!!!!

Hi Sally & everyone, just candled my 7 day old eggs. What's everyone think of the AC size? I'm thinking they are a little big, but I always struggle with that. I have been running a dry hatch at about 25% humidity. Trying to compare them to a picture is not doing it for me, Lol.

@Sally Sunshine
There is no image!!! @ChickenLady2014
lau.gif

I don't know what to tell you except the pip hole appears to have missed the air cell. I tagged three others to help you; one of them should be able to help you soon.

Update! The sticky chick is still with us! Thank you guys for your quick help! I think he pipped too low. This am he was still in the shell even after I opened the top like a little bathtub. The vessel I could see had receded so I went ahead and got him out of the shell. Very sticky/crusty all over. Cleaned again with moist q tips then back in gator to rest and recover. About 11am my awesome husband gave him a little warm water bath to loosen the dried crust off his feathers. Rested most of the day. Moved to brooder box. Weak but able to stand. Fed some kaytee exact by syringe. Took it readily. Drank water on his own and now pecking at crumb! He is still weak and not out of the woods but I know we have given him every chance. I will feed some more kaytee tonite. THANK YOU! I LOVE THIS GROUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom