INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Test and Calibrate a Hygrometer

Fill a milk bottle cap or other small container with salt, and add a few drops of water (not enough to dissolve the salt).
Put the cap inside of a baggie or plastic container along with your hygrometer, and seal the bag.
Wait 6 hours, then check the reading on your hygrometer without opening the bag (or immediately after removing). If the reading is 75%, then your hygrometer is accurate and no adjustment is required.
If the reading is not precisely 75%, then adjust the hygrometer to 75% by turning the screw or dial on the back. This must be done immediately after removing from the bag or container, before room conditions cause the reading to change.
@COChix

Last edited:
do I need to calibrate it?

If I am correct, that particular model is made for the salt water test which I don't know how to do... But I'm sure it can be googled.. You can buy a seperate one to establish a base line cause most have more than one in their gators... If I knew the model I could google it for you. Good luck... Owner of reptiles.

Last edited:
1. Not sure how to actually change numbers on that one and I can't copy paste from notes on calibrating.
2. If you can hand turn I don't see a problem with this idea. As long as temp and humidity are good.
3. Are they shipped eggs? If shipped candle before setting to check air cells. If not shipped candleing is needed, unless you really want to.

2. Thanks just needed confirmation that my plan should work
3. Not shipped eggs.

Like test it to see if it is correct? Yes. Hold on a sec...
yes, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom