INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don't explain things the best, here is a photo..like I said, have been using this for yrs. And yes, that tape is fine, gets a bit warm if I take a long time candling, say..30 eggs. Never been a problem overheating though.

I just clip it on the bottom drawer when I want to candle.
big_smile.png
@Cynthia12 wanna add this HERE “Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting Thread ~ "Springing in the Chicks" April...

My day has officially been freed up, so I have outside stuff to do. I may completely clean out the coop, I may take apart the turkey pen. If I do take appart the turkey pen, Whites better show his butt up here to help me put it back together! And no coffee for him! He stood me up too many times!

Last edited:

these are the ones I talked about last night, neighbor's grandaughter got them RK, anyone have any idea of the breed,

Thanks SIlver

My day has officially been freed up, so I have outside stuff to do. I may completely clean out the coop, I may take apart the turkey pen. If I do take appart the turkey pen, Whites better show his butt up here to help me put it back together! And no coffee for him! He stood me up too many times!
hide.gif
Ain't but so much of me to go around

6 Eggs in lockdown today. Day 18.
wee.gif
clap.gif
fl.gif

Update @Sally Sunshine pulled the last 4 shipped eggs. Let them stay till day 10 and they were still clear. On a positive note I'm showing 37 for 37 developing of my mutts for the Easter HAL.

It's day 7 on my shipped eggs and the eggs underneath my mama hen. I cannot see through my shipped eggs because they are dark olive colored eggs and the shells are very thick. But the eggs under my mama hen look great! Can't wait to see if there's any more development on day 14.
ya.gif

RECAP 3/11.... Cuz yall made me...
tongue.gif
lau.gif

@Chaos18
@kwhites634
@Sally Sunshine

CH is playing mariokart with his chickens while boating around in his backyard, MC's quotes play hide-and-seek, Banti hasn't candled since she last candled, the reason you keep looking for something after you find it is so yoy can find it again, MC is the official key looser and is stuffed full of awesome sauce, Ant farm motivates herself to clean by pretending Sally is coming over, coffee saves chick's lives, Banti has 11/12 eggs developing, Benny forgot to say EYS and Sally nearly blew up, even coffee needs coffee today, Chaos shoots the same pheasant multiple times, only Sally holds the power to make K incubate again and she didnt even know she had any powers, shah has everyone guessing who gets to candle tomorrow, Sally and Banti are looking for gators in CH's run, Sally assigned MC a bday of April 1, local is passing out brownies, MC and Chaos are arguing in hebrew, veny's chick ate all the broccoli plants, things are only hysterical when they are hysterical, MC's dog lost weight, Wegmans has everything, gator is both good eatin' and good at eatin', (minor detail) nobody gets a coop before the chicks are 6 weeks old, MC is a special kind of stupid, nobody knows why the gator crossed the road, (Florida's version of duck crossing) Sally forgot to tell us she had more lockdown eggs, chaos led the bunny butt parade, Sir Ur and his unicorn are bad influences, gators taste like duck, (chicken?) Philly snapper soup is good, K is backwards, louly likes it when bators get named, there was a lengthy discussion on pizza toppings (which morphed into whether or not spicy things are edible,) Banti went more than a little picture crazy, the kitchen is closed due to illness, local catches bake sales, MC can't go on strike, Blooie finally joined and she can do anything with her furry rubber band legs, and will use an old brass spitton for coffee spray when reading through, Sally isn't nutty and doesn't spew coffee on readbacks (just chokes to death,) Banti used up her life supply of humor, there can only be 1 nut, Sally lost all the color in her face, Blooie is in trouble, you could spend your life doing readbacks, there is a curfew in the gallery, Mirajane is candling Mille Fouer eggs, very much did is more than did very much, and K says hi to an invisible Joey.

Happy now??
lau.gif

I am pretty sure I saw something like that in a chicken egg. It was just a shadow, probably from a foot.

the embryo in this egg is just starting to form. It is hard to see in this pic but where the numbers 4 / 2 which is the lockdown date you can barely see the blood vessels starting to form. so I don't understand what the dark spot is in the bottom left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom