INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I know I saw my answer in there somewhere a few pages ago, but lost it already! Gonna wipe off the big chunks of dirt, wait for the others to arrive, then put 'em all in at once.

HEY, anyone want a helpful HELPFUL HINT? I'm sure lots of you know this one already but I feel like I just made the discovery of a lifetime! I should be on the Discovery Channel! Some of the eggs I got are dark, dark, like Black Copper Marans brown. The shipper penciled on top with intials of what kind each egg was, but those dark ones made it hard to see the pencil lines...I had to figure it out by process of elimination. So I pulled out one of my quilting pencils, the ones I use to mark quilting designs with. I have some silver, some white, and some yellow. Yep, just used those to re-mark, and I'll use them to make any other notations on the dark eggs that I need to make too,such as air cells, etc! Woo hoo for Blooie....learning as I go here!

LG, I'm sorry you have the wuzwels! I had them Thursday night - early this morning. Thought I was going to die and was afraid I wouldn't be that lucky! Hope yours is short, too!
hugs.gif

Sometimes!
I told my neighbor/cousin that I would not give her fertile eggs. She went home, and told her sister and mother that I had hit her. I was then threatened with violence, and I was told that maybe I hit her, maybe I grabbed her coat. There might be a mark, or might not be a mark. They have pictures of the mark(Or is it marks? I'm not sure!). I never stepped off my porch, and no one ever told me why I would have gone after her for asking for eggs ( which I have told her repeatedly I would not give her anyway).
Due to the fact that they do live next-door, I have been inside the entire day. The dog has to be kept on a leash in the side yard so they can't even see him (And me). The ducks are especially complaining about not being allowed out in the grass. This may continue for months or years.
I'd tell them if they want to play games and pursue false accusations, you can play that game, too. Tell them you'll have trespassing and assault papers made out on the her, and you were only defending yourself on your own property. That should end that dispute quickly...

Here are some pictures but its kinda hard to see do to the glass
Day 14:

AC's look awfully small for day 14... they look more like day 7. Your humidity is way too high. Run the bator dry 25%-30% until day 18, then crank it up for lockdown. Just my 2c...

I did record today's occurrence. I don't really want to involve a lawyer (due to the neighbors being "challenged" in various ways) I don't think that any justice will be gotten.
And I have had my life controlled for so long, I would not know what to do with freedom.
We have all seen the videos of battery chickens the first time that they are put in a real coop, with real grass and dirt.
And for those of us that have to keep our chickens in a run, we are essentially controlling them. Although, I would like to think that I am better than a chicken!
I think if I had proof of being threatened physically, I would file for a protective order regardless of the allegations against me. But with family these things get much more complicated. I wish there was something I could do to help
sad.png

Quote: I'm sorry you are going through this.

Hi all, made it through all obstacles but didn't RACE. We ran some, walked some. They made the second to last obstacle a climb up a wall with a high powered spray of water hitting you, over to a fun slide into a pool of water. Last obstacle was to army crawl through 3 feet of thick, sticky mud, under barbed wire. Clean up showers were insufficient to get all the mud off, so we did the slide obstacle a second time!!!

I LOVE all the goat, duck and baby chicken pictures!! Congrats on the births and hatches!!

While I was playing in the mud, one of the eggs under my blue silkie hatched. The white broody tried to steal it. The baby crawled out from under the white, crawled OVER her and snuggled under the blue. That leaves 5 more eggs to hatch under there. Do the moms eat the shells from the hatched chicks?
Sounds like a really fun day. Yes, they will eat the shells.

supper time!!!
What's for supper?

Quote: Do you have any air cell candling pictures of day 14? I guess you have them marked, my eyes suck the later the day gets.

Can't wait till the 28th
What's the 28th?

Last edited:
  I'm sorry you are going through this.

Sounds like a really fun day. Yes, they will eat the shells.

What's for supper? 

Do you have any air cell candling pictures of day 14?  I guess you have them marked, my eyes suck the later the day gets.

What's the 28th?

I suck at marking too. Im going to candle tonight (day 16) and see if i cant get good pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom