INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're feeling like 61 more so than 16?  I know that feeling :p  What I used to do all day long now takes me all day long to do! Hard as it probably is to believe today, this too shall pass!

I know it will but I really wish I had started doing mud runs in my teens or twentys, not waited till my late 40's. I bounced back a lot faster back then...

The good/bad news is I have 2 more mud runs scheduled in the next month or so....I think I can extend the pain all the way till May.

Good afternoon everyone! I just popped in to catch up while I had a bite to eat. Have a great afternoon I am headed out to sterilize the coop and run so I can move the chicks out. They will be thrilled with the space, and I will be thrilled to have them outside where they belong. Bbl

Good morning/afternoon all. I am feeling EVERY muscle that I abused in yesterday's mud run. So I am moving very slow. It is a beautiful day today, so I'm just popping in with a quick update. I candled everything except my day 3's. I pulled several more of my own silkie eggs....all laid on 2/3, 2/4, and 2/5. Everything before those and after are good. Black silkie is still the only roo playing with the ladies. Did he have a few bad days?

I have some seriously saddled air cells on some of my day 18 eggs. The air cell is clearly visible, but there is another dip that doesn't look like it's the air cell. What is it?
I should add that the air cell dips the same on the other side but I don't have the dip with the ridge at the top like this one has.

As far as my broody hens, baby #4 hatched. Blue mama follow her's around. White mama is sitting on the newest baby and the last 3 eggs.
It looks like the chorio-allantoic membrane, (referred to as drawdown if I remember correctly), but I can't be 100% positive. You can find more about it here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...arn-chat-meet-new-friends/22170#post_16300720

Had to go rescue my brother today. He was back in the middle of nowhere...tried crossing a frozen creek didn't make it......I drove 45 minutes down this two track before I finally got to him....

I know it will but I really wish I had started doing mud runs in my teens or twentys, not waited till my late 40's. I bounced back a lot faster back then...

The good/bad news is I have 2 more mud runs scheduled in the next month or so....I think I can extend the pain all the way till May.
Sounds like a plan to me. Why would anyone want to feel great when they can feel pain in muscles they didn't even know they had, and for an extended period of time, even?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom