INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LL
Darling, bet you keep her locked up at night! Ugghh...I'm shivering just thinking of that photo!
She's all by herself in a much stronger coop than before but we still need to fortify the attached run. I worry for her every morning when I wake up...
1f61e.png

NOW YOUR GETTING IT!!!  

Hers didnt make it because they didnt grow in the right time frame they had because of low temp loss in the evenings.  TEMPS are SO IMPORTANT!!!  NO FLUXS   SPOT ON TEMPS... READ AND RE READ THAT AGAIN... GET IT SPOT ON...

I wish you would have a fan in the bator, without one, you are sure to have hot and cold spots as well, be sure to rotate eggs as often as possible in your bators when you dont have a fan, and even IF you have a fan, and if you have a turner, that turner motor does put out heat, switch that egg daily!

and you understand humidity right? 

I think so but I wouldn't mind knowing more. Humidity is variable based one air cells, correct?

firedragon1982 12 sent to me, took 2 sappy ones out...one was cracked - Day 7 was on 11/3 ???????????? hubs is in charge of bator yet??? Well... got 12 more eggs today. Also ordered a second incubator for a hatcher since we will be having a staggered hatch. But on a side note I am glad we got another dozen, candled real quick when I added some water last night (day 10) and 3 of the 6 that had started quit
hit.gif
Still frustrated that half of the first dozen were clear at the 7 day candle. I know these eggs had a rough ride because of the detached air cells. But still. I wanted a good hatch
sad.png
So batch #1 will be due 11/17
fl.gif
Batch #2 will be due 11/28. And I may or may not have a 3rd dozen coming to me too...
Batch 1 had day 7 on 11/3 Day 14 at the strike of midnight tonight!

Batch 2's day 7 will be 11/14... and that is the batch that had 2 sappy eggs.

And yes, he is still in charge of the humidity. Still has it in the 40's, haven't seen much change in the aircells from day 7. Yes, I have been grumping about it. We'll see with tonight's candle of the 3 remaining eggs. From batch 1.

Oh, and bator #2 will be here today so I can get that set up and running for the hatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom