INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not yell at Chaos!
That's too bad
hide.gif

I'm with you on the staples,
I wish i knew how to can! So Jealous!!

I am impressed that I took the initiative to learn to can and use a pressure canner. As I tell my family when it comes to my farming lifestyle, they have their jobs and I have mine. I trust them to do theirs, they need to trust me to do mine.
I was engaged to a man that he and his family would not let me go into the basement and can with the other women. They all laughed and said "that will be the day! You, canning?!" In their defense, even though I really wanted to learn, I was still very much a city girl.
More impressive would be what I did to that chick yesterday, and what I have done to the birds in the past (killing, processing and eating).
Zip ties are right up there with duct tape on the usefulness scale.

Yes, but tape can be used on places that zip ties would be excruciating and deadly. :oops:

:D I do love the man! Right, John Westley Loaf? :)

I think mike just yelled at you @Chaos18

at least i didnt get blamed this time
Wouldn't be the first time.

I would not yell at Chaos! 

:lau

I am impressed that I took the initiative to learn to can and use a pressure canner. As I tell my family when it comes to my farming lifestyle, they have their jobs and I have mine. I trust them to do theirs, they need to trust me to do mine.
I was engaged to a man that he and his family would not let me go into the basement and can with the other women. They all laughed and said "that will be the day! You, canning?!" In their defense, even though I really wanted to learn, I was still very much a city girl.
More impressive would be what I did to that chick yesterday, and what I have done to the birds in the past (killing, processing and eating).
Yes, but tape can be used on places that zip ties would be excruciating and deadly. :oops:
:D I do love the man! Right, John Westley Loaf? :)
You do love you some Meatloaf.

Quote: I almost forgot about this... I can't be 100% sure, but I think that a brooder kept at 95° for five weeks probably would kill most chicks. Not talking about having a spot in the brooder that's 95°, that would be fine as long as they could move away from the heat source, but a 95° brooder with no cool spots will also have 95° water. Not sure how long it would take to kill all birds at that temp, but I suspect that it would be much less than 5 weeks.

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/6/diseases-of-poultry/232/gout/
"Most commonly, visceral gout following dehydration is observed in newly hatched chickens after overheating or a more prolonged stay in the hatchery."

-Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom