INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better?

On a more positive note, my Black Australorp (spelling?) has been sitting the nest tight for the last 2 days, so I marked 5 more white eggs with the sharpie and let her have them. She took them under almost immediately without question! Fun times!

Good morning!

Locked down last night!!
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

BUT forgot my no slip rubber pad piece I like to put in over the metal grate...do you think they'll be ok without it once they start hatching or should I put a papertowel over it at least? (I thought I had more rubber liner but now my roll seems to be missing...)
The metal grate I've seen you mention before....is that the 1/4" hardware cloth over the water troughs? If that's the case, the newly hatched chicks won't be slipping on it w/o out the pad, nor will their legs slip through the openings. That's been my experience, anyway; your little ones should do just fine with or without the pad.

It's the best... Love a great meal of crab legs......
No you are not....:hugs
I don't know how to take that?
Hi Dax!!!!
No CH they cannot... Don't give bad info.... If they are hatched without momma they need to be away from the water until they are older and get their own oils.....
Morning! How is piggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom