INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. My pip from sometime around 2 am, is still a pip, it's chirping and rocking, but the inside membrane directly under the pip hole is brown. The humidity is around 75, it had dropped to 58 overnight.

The pip area on the first one to pip was yellow, but the chick hatched clean, not sticky (it was the first to pip, but second to hatch). Both chicks are clean, dry and fluffy, not sticky.

So you take viable eggs from the wood ducks' nest?
the ones that are left after she leaves with the baby's.I wait two days after then go check

Seth, they wouldn't be viable if they have been unattended for 2 days. Also they would be very near to hatch. Are you sure the mother duck had finished hatching and left with chicks or was she just scared away?

Makes no sense at all to me. Also not sure if that would be even legal to take wild bird eggs (at least in California).

Either way it will be impossible to safley reintroduce them back into the wild after you have raised them and they are imprinted on you and rely on you for food.

Hopefully they will hatch but please leave your hen in peace to do it :fl

Hi SALLY and friends.
Missed you tons. Work has been a killer.
Still hatching about 50 chicks a week.

But today is different - I am setting some eggs just for ME!!!
:weee

Thank you TJchickens for the wonderful peafowl eggs :bow

they are fine  let them swim more

fine they are chust fine

.   :hugs :hugs :love :hugs :hugs     hello whites! 

its pretty cool and the people are amazing! WELCOME! 

just one? 

Oh good, thanks!

This thread is hundreds of pages long have you read any of it? Some of it is comical

The best stuff is a couple thousand pages in, unfortunately. :/

Probably

It goes with the read-back thing, before i jumped in i read allllll of the posts in the thread to get familiar with the people, humor and banter. You will probably not understand much of it for awhile

never heard of them

please

see ya later

i have a salt tank lol

cheater, i think we have a new CH

All of it? :eek:
All?

So you saw the duck saga, complete with size 72 font? :lau
-Banti

Last edited:
Hi SALLY and friends.
Missed you tons. Work has been a killer.
Still hatching about 50 chicks a week.

But today is different - I am setting some eggs just for ME!!!
:weee

Thank you TJchickens for the wonderful peafowl eggs :bow

Oh awesome!!! :thumbsup
-Banti

nutrition could be the problem. They need more protein, fat, vitamin A, D and Niacin than chick starter has.

It could also be the leg growing faster than the skin. I don't know if that's true but I've heard it.

If un-incubated for 2 days after the others hatch, these won't.
yes they will I did last year and hatched four of them

Seth, they wouldn't be viable if they have been unattended for 2 days. Also they would be very near to hatch. Are you sure the mother duck had finished hatching and left with chicks or was she just scared away?

Makes no sense at all to me. Also not sure if that would be even legal to take wild bird eggs (at least in California).

Either way it will be impossible to safley reintroduce them back into the wild after you have raised them and they are imprinted on you and rely on you for food.

Hopefully they will hatch but please leave your hen in peace to do it :fl
I am.I did it last year.the mom left the nest with her baby's and the nest had rotten eggs and some that where not rotten.I hatched four from thoughs.once they could fly I let them go.they can back this year and had there own babys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom