INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frow.gif
Bubbles
Yeah, what he said
frow.gif

Morning (__)?

Just a question on layers, got my 2nd egg this morning, it was in the egg box, how long should I leave them in the nest or just take them out 1st thing, clean and put them in the frig.

I know the rooster has been active with the girls I do plan to let nature take it's course at some point. Still new at this kinda thing, still want to know when to leave them be. Yes i'll be using some of the eggs for the house.

Morning (__)?

Just a question on layers, got my 2nd egg this morning, it was in the egg box, how long should I leave them in the nest or just take them out 1st thing, clean and put them in the frig.

I know the rooster has been active with the girls I do plan to let nature take it's course at some point. Still new at this kinda thing, still want to know when to leave them be. Yes i'll be using some of the eggs for the house.
If your taking the eggs in the house it doesn't really matter how long you leave them in the nest box (as long as you don't leave them there long enough to spoil). As far as letting nature take it's course at some point you'll have to wait until a hen goes broody for that to happen. Until that point enjoy the fresh eggs.

Thank ya kindly Scott!
Oh neat, is he a Bielefelder?

He is a rhodebar, he just has a lot more black on his chest than a typical rhodebar. I'll be getting bielefelders soon :)

Looks even better in person, if that's the one I think it is

I'll tell him you said that :)

Good morning Rosco is good looking. When do the hens start laying? I have two legbar hens that are about 5 months old.

Rosco is a rhodebar. I have 2 pullets that are almost 6 months old that I'm still waiting on eggs from.

Morning (__)? 

I know the rooster has been active with the girls I do plan to let nature take it's course at some point. Still new at this kinda thing, still want to know when to leave them be.  Yes i'll be using some of the eggs for the house. 

I take them out as soon as the hen gets out, but you can take them out any time you want.
About leaving eggs to encourage a hen to go broody, there are many opinions on it, some swear by it, and others think it is hogwash. Hens don't usually go broody until they have been laying for a while.
-Banti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom