INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was in your place I wouldn't try to grow, especially trees, that are not suitable
To the climate! It could be very frustrating! I think that to your climate is better to plant some Rosacea trees, Cherry, Appel, Pear, Almond ( it is one of the most beautiful tree! )
almond tree in full flowering not mine!

We have 4 apple trees. Here in NY it is the primary fruit tree that grows well. Wild apples are in almost every farm pasture. That almond tree is gorgeous. Our nut trees don't usually flower like this. Walnut and butternut are pretty common. I'll have to look up the options for almonds. Thanks for the tip. :)

Good morning all! Miss you!! I have been dealing with sick kiddos all week. Sorry I have been gone for so long! I do have eggies in the bator and some in the mail. I will give updates today after work. This picture reminded me of you all
hugs.gif

Nice! Being a total neat freak, I really liked the eggs hatching in cartons my last hatch. Kept everyone safe and secure...and "clean"
1f602.png

I was thinking there's really no harm in doing things like that normally, right?

No harm!
I always liked this from the start
Made it easy to just block up one side of the coolerbator every so hours for easy hands off turning

It has stuck with me. ...
Coolerbator rocks!
Mines set me back a whole 12 dollars

O ok I have 14 of my flocks eggs in the incubator today is day 8 and they are starting to form and they are mixed with my EE rooster and americauna hen that is also mixed with barred rock salmon faverole and silver penciled rock
awesome!!! I added you to the list!! good luck with your babies!!

Quote: Hi Lisa!! @ChickenLady2014

Need some input here please. Each of the red marks shows a vent hole, the red circle is a vent hole right over the fan i put in myself, was a still air. If i plug that one my humidity stays up but unplugged the fan sucks alot of it out. The fan is blowing up. With so many holes on top could i plug that one hole to help with humidity and still have adequate ventilation ?
do you know what the cfm is on the fan install Cathy? My guess is that its blowing pretty good, and your holes will be sufficient.

@chattery41

USING a aquarium pump to humidify incubator Begin post post #56000
Trick to raising humidity in egg trays by adding small containers to egg slot! post #42512
Brinsea Advance Incubator Humidity Pumps click HERE
Chicken Canoe small aquarium air pump to push ambient air into my big cabinet
.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23906223
I've been sticking a straw down through the vent hole so it goes below the turner and a child's medicine syringe stuck in the other end of the straw to add water in small amounts.

Quote:
The one incubator will not hold water at all or the humidity goes over 80 in the incubator . It stays 60 -70 humidity on to sponges not wet but wrong out. But hard to ring them out without moving eggs and opening the incubator. The other one will hold water but will not go above 50 humidity .
I use glad food container for humidity in the styro bators:

Each one will raise humidity 5 to 10%. Sometimes I use one and sometimes I use two. They fit tilted on one side of the turner rail.

Ok, I'm going to jump in and post a few pics. My humidity was down to 27%. I didn't want to fill the well, I just need a little humidity, so I found a salt/pepper shaker. Its square, so it fits between my rails perfectly!

Here's the Brinsea with the pump.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
wish you luck with them!!! what do you want me to add for your update? and date due as well please? @NaJoBeLe do you want us to call you Jo? did I ask you that before? lol I am terrible remembering stuff !!

Back from Austin and finally caught up! It's a drag getting behind, because I see stuff I want to comment on, but it's a bit too excessive and I end up with those super-posts-from-hell. So just a few limited comments:

My Paula was a solo chick for about 4 days until I received new chicks to join her. Initially cried all night long - constantly. Searched and asked for help here on BYC, and on advice, got a hand mirror and mounted it against the wall of the brooder (mirror side down to bottom). She cuddled up to it and talked to her new friend that looked just like her. And I finally got some sleep.

I suspect that a second of the cream legbar girls is beginning to succumb - somebody has loose poops just like Paula did, and I know they are susceptible to Marek's anyhow. I'm hoping it's Jenny (already has ocular Mareks, and I have girls and boys form her in this hatch) rather than Lissa. Maybe I was realizing this subconsciously when I started collecting Lissa's eggs (three good strong boys but no girls from her in the last hatch). This may be my last chance (and she's the best of the small bunch, coloring, configuration, and egg color-wise). I'm going to need to just try to select for resistance in their babies - not much else to do. I fear that it's going to suck for a while...
And on a lighter note, look what I caught on camera - Puppy the Nest Pest. She paces outside of this nest box (everyone's favorite) and makes obnoxious noises. Polly (hatchery New Hampshire) is VERY serious about egg laying, hunkers down and thinks very hard about it. Puppy just lost her patience and climbed right on top of her...

Only 7 new posts while I was writing!!!! Quiet night...

- Ant Farm
cute Kristin!!

Quote: I would set them, you can enter all the contests anyways, and post all you want in the HAL the eggs are most important not the hal! @NaJoBeLe

Picking up about 8 dozen eggs tomorrow. Mottled turkeys, bielefelders, cream crested legbars (some from the Reese line), and blue egg laying black sex links. The turkeys will count for the hatch a long but there's no way I'm waiting till next week to set the chicken eggs. Putting my bator to the test
smile.png
Jess are you getting them from DHeztle also is that your ad on FB for the turkey eggs or poults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom