INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Thank you both!
1f60a.png
x3
My barnyard in MO go 2.50-3

Soooo bummed. I set my egg not realizing I had to be out of town for the hatch. Thursday I put them on Lock down. Friday night I added extra water and left town. When I got home super late I saw two had zipped but not opened and 1 pipped. My humidity had dropped although I'm now question my hygrometer. I added water and the two zipped ones started chirping.

Completely worried and I then noticed that the clocks in the house were flashing meaning the power had went out at some time over the weekend too...No chirping this morning...I'm not too hopeful at this point.

@Sally Sunshine

I need to update my hatching list....

I still have 19 out of 21 eggs I set for a friend, due to hatch 4/1. I have 13 Salmon Favorelle and 9 of my silkie eggs set to hatch on 4/5. I have 6 EE and 6 Backyard mixes from a friend and 13 shipped Blue/Buff Cochins and 2 of my silkies set to hatch 4/16. I've got Auto Sexing EE's, Green Egg layers and Silkie eggs on their way. Should be here between 4/2 - 4/7.

So, as long as they are in the incubator on or after 4/1, do they count for the Spring Along HAL? Or do they have to be SET in April?

After this, I HAVE TO STOP!!! NO MORE EGGS!

okay I'm new but what did I do wrong....I had 4 clears out of 12...which is fine I figure they aren't fertile anyways. But most of the others the embryo seams stick to one side cannot really tell where the air cell is......I'm on day 8. I've been turning 3 times a day.running humidity around 30%. ....it's a Brinsea so I'm laying the eggs on their side. Not upright. Hand turning....

They are duck eggs

Yes, they'd go quickly here - this is a farming community but the only place most people can really get chicks here is tractor supply and not many people sell them because they want them for themselves...& in order to get any others or a variety (because our tractor supply sells out immediately with them) people would have to drive over an hour to get more.
1f60a.png

Based on that info I would start the price towards the higher end of the spectrum and adjust down if need be. I was worried about the possibility of so many being available here so I started a bit lower than what most others were selling them for. Kids were broken hearted when they found out I had sold them but are happy I kept 8 back for us. Plus the one that hatched late so we have 9 to keep out of this hatch.

OMg its gonna take me a year to read all this lol
be back next month when I come out of backreading!!!
lau.gif

Just so everyone knows, I HAVE NOT KEPT UP THE HATCHERS LIST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom