INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! I want one.

You can try calling them.
If they come 3 or more days apart, I'd go ahead and set the first eggs and set the others when they come doing a staggered hatch. You just won't be turning while the first ones have their humidity raised. It shouldn't hurt the others. The first 2 weeks are the most critical for turning.
That's the best I can come up with.

Use a 150 or lower wattage ceramic heat emitter. Well secured in a brooder fixture it shouldn't be a fire risk.

Location, location, location. The feed store closest to me has a sister store across the river in the next county. They both get equal numbers of chicks and when my store sells out, they get all the ones from the other store cause they never sell out. And that store is more rural.

A friend of mine desperately needs a border collie. She does goose work. One of her dogs died a couple years ago and her remaining dog is so old it shows no interest in the geese any more.
If you know of any, let me know.

I just add them to my favorites but you can also subscribe to a thread if you want updates.

Probably not 30 minutes. An overnight soak will completely dissolve the entire shell.

ChickenCanoe...where does your friend live? We're in North Texas and have 2 males and 2 females left (mother in law is asking $60 each because of food, worming meds, etc)

I'll include a couple pics!

Would a 30 minute vinegar soak hurt an egg before it goes into the bator?
@casportpony

1.You will kill the beneficial mycroflora on the shell( " bloom" ) and you will turn your eggs
vulnerable to infection.

2. The vinger will dissolve some of the calcium in the shell and that will increase the evaporation from the egg, and will grater the chance
Of patohgen infection!

Not a good idea in my opinion!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom