INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
des plans?

No ugly roosters here!
Oh, she is.
love.gif

-Banti
The white one is evil looking.

Not sure, it pipped and started to zip last night, when woke this AM I noticed. I took a shower and checked no further progress I took it out to help it was already dead, I suspect it was dead when I woke up.
Sounds like it got stuck, either that or wasn't strong enough to finish. Did you open the bator at all when it was pipped or zipping?

des plans?

The white one is evil looking.

Sounds like it got stuck, either that or wasn't strong enough to finish. Did you open the bator at all when it was pipped or zipping?
Yup. Having a bad haircut, amber colored eyes, and a comb called a spike comb (for a reason) doesn't help......
tongue.png

He is actually behaving himself now.
-Banti

Okay thank you so much. I am practicing with some eggs from my father in law's farm, but yes the Silkie eggs are shipped so I will use the carton method. I'll take the turner put too. Thanks so much for your help! So exciting! This is my first hatch!

Hey! What part of MO are you in?

Not until I took it out to check.
I'd lean towards a survival of the fittest type of thing.

Yup. Having a bad haircut, amber colored eyes, and a comb called a spike comb (for a reason) doesn't help......
tongue.png

He is actually behaving himself now.
-Banti
Not really because he's got you trained to avoid him.

Quote: Thanks for all the new info, my friend. I'believe I'll go with the latex, If Lowes or Home Depot carry it...I hope. I'll know soon enough.
I'm not too concerned about the color or the heat retention of the black, 'cause my coops both have very good ventilation immediately under the main roof, which is where heat would settle, anyway. I think someone was asking me about different colors; don't remember anymore.

I'd lean towards a survival of the fittest type of thing.

Not really because he's got you trained to avoid him.
Nope. Not in the slightest......
wink.png

I make sure HE gets out of my space. If he gets within 7 feet of me he gets chased and pinned to the ground.
He will now usually scoot his own hiney out of my reach before I have to do anything.
-Banti

Last edited:

How does this look to you experienced hatchers. This is a practice egg from my father in law's farm. Day 3 almost!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom