INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the top off a little to let out some heat....I was in lockdown on day 20 and I saw no pips and the humidity had gone to 80 percent and it dropped to like 71 and I thought that was ok since it was too high anyway. I tried to lower the temp without opening and it kept going up even with the incubator set on 80 degrees...so I did open it a little and then I noticed a chick pipping at that momemt.
I had to assist it today because it was stuck and so far it is doing ok...but I have duck eggs and other chick eggs in the incubator that all should be hatching today....

If you caught the temp fast enough it should be ok, i would be worried about the humidity right now

13226809_1032827580097872_7754653535552779043_n.jpg

I saw that atleast one duck has broken thru the air sac but not pipped and he is still moving...my question is do you know how to tell if they all were shrink wrapped like the one that pipped during the spike? Did I kill all my babies when I opened it....today is suppose to be hatch day and no more have pipped...

also when my incubator humidity drops during lockdown it always spikes when I have to add water ...warm or cool water ...it doesnt matter...if I had water the heat always spikes. I know I need a better incubator. Do I have to let my ducks and chicks die if they are shrink wrapped...they have not pipped and I can't open it again because it is in lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom