INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. I had a string of dog attack survivors keep full crops. How long has it been?

Ok, you've put my mind at ease. It's been 2 days now. I've got most of it massaged through but not all. She did not agree with me massaging it.

Just keep it up. A few gentle squeezes a few times a day is all I did. It should start moving today, I think. I can't remember how long it was exactly. I haven't had a head injury, though, so it might take longer.

@campingshaws
:frow

Morning chaos. :frow

Have a nice nap and good luck catching birds today!
Thanks. I decided to go catch 2 before sunup and I just barely made it. It was just getting a little light in the eastern sky. I went to grab the rooster and he squirted off the roost right through my hands and before I knew it he ran from one end and headed for the door. I just barely caught him between my hip and the door frame. He screamed all the way to the cage. I never would have been able to catch him the rest of the day if he was out and knowing I was trying to get him.
I went back with a net to get the hen and that was just as dicey. She evaded the net, was off the roost, in and out of the nest box and I finally trapped her in there. Then she screamed all the way to the cage.

There's 6 more in cages on the back porch which only leaves 9 hens and 2 roosters to catch later in the big coop.

... She may get use to being handled but you never know some do not.
Mine never do. They scream bloody murder waking every bird on the property.

Last edited:
Just keep it up. A few gentle squeezes a few times a day is all I did. It should start moving today, I think. I can't remember how long it was exactly. I haven't had a head injury, though, so it might take longer.
Morning chaos.
frow.gif

How are you?

Thanks. I decided to go catch 2 before sunup and I just barely made it. It was just getting a little light in the eastern sky. I went to grab the rooster and he squirted off the roost right through my hands and before I knew it he ran from one end and headed for the door. I just barely caught him between my hip and the door frame. He screamed all the way to the cage. I never would have been able to catch him the rest of the day if he was out and knowing I was trying to get him.
I went back with a net to get the hen and that was just as dicey. She evaded the net, was off the roost, in and out of the nest box and I finally trapped her in there. Then she screamed all the way to the cage.

There's 6 more in cages on the back porch which only leaves 9 hens and 2 roosters to catch later in the big coop.

I've never had a bird scream.... Are they really that loud?

Good and how are you?

Just peachy. Can't wait for it to be the weekend already.

My weekend started yesterday at 10a.m. I had half a day off and today too, plus the weekend and Monday. I so need it, behind on things at home but need time to chill with hubby too.

Have a nice nap and good luck catching birds today!

We learned to catch my EE roosters you go in coop at full dark with a red light and get em off the roost. Hubby has to get them both because they roost in the very back out of my reach. So not easy being 5'2"!

... She may get use to being handled but you never know some do not.

My big rooster does that and half of my hens, where the rest are use to it thankfully. Fester makes enough racket then gets the rest of them going. I try to wear ear plugs when we need to pick him up. Also I am glad I don't speak chicken since I am positive what he says is not nice, fowl mouthed bird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom