INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For splayed legs, I took a drinking straw, cut off just enough to fit between the two feed. Get a very small rubber band, and feed it THROUGH the straw. Hook each side of the rubber band on each foot with the straw in between. They start running around immediately.
The curled toes, you can get LOTS of ideas from others - mostly they say make a boot for the foot. Also give vitamins. The first page of this thread has lots of info for both these problems.

Good luck!!!

Here is a photo of a chick with boots....

LL
I shouldn't laugh, but that chick is adorable

I teach the 2-5 year old preschool children's church every week. I come home not knowing my name for hours. LOL
hahaha, better you, than me! LOL
I homeschool, but I only have 4 kids total, 3 of which are 5 and under, and then my 12 year old, who's more work then my other 3 kids put together. (And I don't mean his school work, just his personality. haha)

She survived while we were gone today at church and running errands.... she's starting to fluff up pretty good.

Still no signs of life from the other eggs in there though, and she's getting chirpy at me. she hops around and bumps all the other eggs around now when I come in to look at her. I think she likes me. LOL It's hard when there's only 1, to not want to cuddle it.

I totally posted something my daughter said, on the wrong thread earlier. Ooops.

"My daughter just asked me when she grows up, if she could marry a stick bug... then goes... well, I guess I really wouldn't want to marry one, they can't do the dishes."

I survived church, plus running errands. Now I'm home.

No other eggs have pipped, and the little chick that's in there, is acting antsy. It was hopping around when I came int othe bathroom to check on it. I'm tempted to take it out and put it in the brooder. Not sure if I should, or not yet... but it's knocking all the other eggs around in there, with no signs of them hatching yet.

When my daughter was 2 she wanted to marry a fire engine. I said, "You can't marry a fire engine. You should marry someone you really love." She thought for a minute and said, "I REALLY love fire engines." :)

Hope you get more chicks soon. Mine are due to hatch tomorrow, no pips yet, biting my nails.

When my daughter was 2 she wanted to marry a fire engine. I said, "You can't marry a fire engine. You should marry someone you really love." She thought for a minute and said, "I REALLY love fire engines." :)

Hope you get more chicks soon. Mine are due to hatch tomorrow, no pips yet, biting my nails.
that's hilarious!!

MY chick's mostly dry, my silkies arrived on the 31st of august, so they are just under 3 weeks old, and pretty mellow/tiny, so I was going to see about sticking her in there with them, (carefully) if they aren't nice to her, I can just move them back to the dog crate, and put a stuffed animal in there....

I just am not sure exactly when I should move her, since she's pushing all the other eggs around in there. None of the eggs are in their original positions. LOL

I'm going to kill my husband. He just let one of our barn cats inside and it killed one fo my daughters silkies... Can I shoot my husband? Seriously... ***.

His response was "I didn't know it would do that"

What do you THINK a barn cat is going to do?

My daughter is balling her eyes out over it. UGH.

Stupid silkies cost us a lot more then a regular chicken, and I don't think I can get anymore until next year from the hatcheries.

Hello All! Have been very busy and failed to post to you all. Miss the talks very much. Hope and pray you are all well. House is clean,birds chores are done, hubby grilled supper so now I have homework to finish then chill out for a few hours until I realize tomorrow is Monday. Again!

I'm going to kill my husband. He just let one of our barn cats inside and it killed one fo my daughters silkies... Can I shoot my husband? Seriously... ***.

His response was "I didn't know it would do that"

What do you THINK a barn cat is going to do? 

My daughter is balling her eyes out over it. UGH.

Stupid silkies cost us a lot more then a regular chicken, and I don't think I can get anymore until next year from the hatcheries.

:hugs You can look in the BYC buy/sell ads. If that doesn't work, tell your daughter she can have one in her Easter basket.
Yes, you may shoot him. :D
Hello All! Have been very busy and failed to post to you all. Miss the talks very much. Hope and pray you are all well. House is clean,birds chores are done, hubby grilled supper so now I have homework to finish then chill out for a few hours until I realize tomorrow is Monday. Again!

:frow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom