Incubation Experiment with 5 week old eggs

caf.gif

According to some discussion in BYC forum, store with pointy up should keep the air pocket not grow too big (evaporation) compare to storage with pointy down, If not plan to put in to incubator in next few days. biggest air pocket mean less space for embryo.
So, whether the eggs for hatching or selling for eat or selling for hatch, storage in normal room temp. or fridge. I always collected the chicken or duck eggs with pointy up position put in to the eggs tray right away, then sort it out later.

1st chick hatched at around 8AM this morning!! It is an SLRW(Splash Laced Red Wyandotte) X Golden Laced Wyandotte. Making it a Blue Laced Golden/mahogany Wyandotte!!! It is SO cute!! still waiting on the other 4 remaining eggs.
My hat is off to those of you who said that odds were: only 5 would hatch.
bow.gif

Ah, well I wish I was wrong.
sad.png

There is a study somewhere where they were testing fridge eggs V/S counter eggs. It had a nice graph. Fridge eggs did about 45% at 5 weeks if I remember right an 70 degree eggs were almost non at week 3.

Quote:
As of Day 14:
only 5 of the eggs showed signs of continued development. the rest looked as though they had quit at roughly 10 days. All eggs that had quit development were sent to the great beyond(aka: chucked, 300ft down the road from my property, into the woods for the coyotes to eat and hopefully get sick & die* on.
big_smile.png
).

*My apologies to those who actually like these vile disgusting havoc wreaking canine vermon.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
As of Day 14:
only 5 of the eggs showed signs of continued development. the rest looked as though they had quit at roughly 10 days. All eggs that had quit development were sent to the great beyond(aka: chucked, 300ft down the road from my property, into the woods for the coyotes to eat and hopefully get sick & die* on.
big_smile.png
).

*My apologies to those who actually like these vile disgusting havoc wreaking canine vermon.
smile.png

I don't like them..lets wipe'em out! lol

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
As of Day 14:
big_smile.png
).

smile.png

I don't like them..lets wipe'em out! lol​

my thoughts exactly!

Back
Top Bottom