Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Well I am VERY happy right now not too long ago I had a muscovy hen lay 18 eggs! She is on them right now. Yesterday while feeding with my dad we saw two eggs in the corner in our barn where the chickens roost. He wanted to take them but I told him no lol(he got mad at me because I thought they were muscovy eggs) so I went out there this morning and to my surprise my blue female was ontop of the eggs but when she saw me she got up and walked away.naturally I looked in the nest and too my surprise I found 4 eggs!!!! Then out of nowhere my white hen bitt me!! Then she went towards the nest hissing and stuff! My question is will Muscovys share nests? Or was the blue female just nest dumping? Thx!

Well I am VERY happy right now not too long ago I had a muscovy hen lay 18 eggs! She is on them right now. Yesterday while feeding with my dad we saw two eggs in the corner in our barn where the chickens roost. He wanted to take them but I told him no lol(he got mad at me because I thought they were muscovy eggs) so I went out there this morning and to my surprise my blue female was ontop of the eggs but when she saw me she got up and walked away.naturally I looked in the nest and too my surprise I found 4 eggs!!!! Then out of nowhere my white hen bitt me!! Then she went towards the nest hissing and stuff! My question is will Muscovys share nests? Or was the blue female just nest dumping? Thx!
Ducks will lay in others nests so it's sometimes hard to know who nest it is but if white scovy was being aggressive most likely it is her nest, and your blue was just helping her build her clutch. they love to help each other out. so sounds like your going to have alot of scovy ducklings running around soon.
thumbsup.gif

Ducks will lay in others nests so it's sometimes hard to know who nest it is but if white scovy was being aggressive most likely it is her nest, and your blue was just helping her build her clutch. they love to help each other out. so sounds like your going to have alot of scovy ducklings running around soon. :thumbsup

Yes, tell me about it . On yesterday I found 3 nests with about a gazillion duck eggs in all 3 of them. I give up. They have won the battle. I"m going to let them hatch anything they want to hatch. I cannot win this fight. :hit I can admit defeat when I know I'm defeated. :hit

Ducks will lay in others nests so it's sometimes hard to know who nest it is but if white scovy was being aggressive most likely it is her nest, and your blue was just helping her build her clutch. they love to help each other out. so sounds like your going to have alot of scovy ducklings running around soon. :thumbsup
That's what I'm think too because when the female with the 18 eggs was laying I saw other ducks going in there as well. But I think it's so great how she was protecting her eggs and I forgot to mention that the male was a little mad too! He was hissing and was next to the white female when she bitt me lol!

That's what I'm think too because when the female with the 18 eggs was laying I saw other ducks going in there as well. But I think it's so great how she was protecting her eggs and I forgot to mention that the male was a little mad too! He was hissing and was next to the white female when she bitt me lol!
Working as a team heh? LOL

Yes, tell me about it . On yesterday I found 3 nests with about a gazillion duck eggs in all 3 of them. I give up. They have won the battle. I"m going to let them hatch anything they want to hatch. I cannot win this fight.
hit.gif
I can admit defeat when I know I'm defeated.
hit.gif
You poor girl
lol.png
I know you tried your best, just think a whole army of Scovy's to take over.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom