Incubation Temp. help please

my eggs do not have that im afraid. Should i toss them or give them a few days? When i use the light i dont see anything at all.
At day 3 the air cell is often hard to see. These are white Spitzhauben eggs and since I only have one hen I collected eggs for 10 days so some of my air cells were already a little bigger to begin with. Even with small air cells at day 7 or 14 can be evened out at before lockdown at day 18. Plus if your light isn't bright enough and you have dark eggs, it'll be harder to see.

You won't see veins on day 3. Probably look like that at day 7 to 10.

What Amy was showing you was the air cell at the very top of the egg.

Give a few days and candle from the fat end.

Your temp swings that early in incubation process you have no worries your eggs are good.
Actually that pic is day 4.

even with the high levels of humidity? Thats what i was refferring too. I cant see an air sack?
Yup, you have plenty of time to see air cell growth. Day 3 is too early to worry.
wink.png

This is actually the hatch I am on now. I am taking progressive pics. I just hit day 8 a half hour ago. These are my first 5 days progression: (but again, very white and easy to see into eggs, not all eggs are equal and you can't always see as much as quick.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Everything is stable now and has been for about 12hrs. 99 degrees and 25-30% humidity. I did look earlier i have a pretty bright light and could see the yolks moving just no developement or air cell. But i have a better idea what to look for now. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom