Diejavito

Hatching
Nov 5, 2019
maybe somebody, has incubated eggs to 2500m over the sea, do you have any recomendation about temp or humidity.

I have a incubator from farm innovators pro series incubator 4250, and from 30 eggs i have hatch 2

TKS

Not an expert in incubation and hatching, but what should be different compared to hatching at sea-level?
Birds have no other means than sit on their eggs, regardless of the height of the terrain they live in. They won't have a pressure chamber at hand and their ability to change other incubation parameters like temperature and humidity are somewhat limited.
But i'm curious what others have to say about this, like @Pyxis

I am trying to incubate on a incubator, but in this one i should put temperature and humidity values and i read that this changes if is over 2500m over the sea

You have a real challenge. Anything over 1500M can be a problem. Several changes will need to be made to humidity, ventilation, temperature, etc.. Can you acquire an oxygen concentrator or generator?
The following read will be of great help to you.
https://thepoultrysite.com/articles/incubating-eggs-at-high-altitudes
Were the eggs that failed from your eggs or eggs produced at lower elevation?
It is likely if you acquire eggs laid by hens living at your elevation, natural changes to the egg shell may take place.

You have a real challenge. Anything over 1500M can be a problem. Several changes will need to be made to humidity, ventilation, temperature, etc.. Can you acquire an oxygen concentrator or generator?
The following read will be of great help to you.
https://thepoultrysite.com/articles/incubating-eggs-at-high-altitudes
Were the eggs that failed from your eggs or eggs produced at lower elevation?
It is likely if you acquire eggs laid by hens living at your elevation, natural changes to the egg shell may take place.

The eggs are produced at the same elevation, tks for the article

I don't have oxygen generator, my incubator is small, is just for 42 eggs

Back
Top Bottom