Incubator concerns

Randy2010

Songster
Nov 5, 2010
Arden, NC
I have laying hens and decided I want to also raise some call ducks since I had ducks as a kid. I made a mistake and bought a cheap bran incubator that I am having to try to set the temp myself and keep it stable. I set the temp and kept an eye on it for about two days and it held temp. But once I put the eggs in the temp is not staying stable. It iwas ranging from 96 to 100.8 but the last few days I have been able to keep it around 99 to 100. But I decided to candle the eggs last night not expecting any of them to be good at all and to my surprise most of the eggs are fertile and developing right along. I bought another incubator (a 1588 Genesis Hova Bator) and should be here today. But my question is should I leave them in the one that they are in or move them into the new one once it is going and stable? I also meant to say that I have it in the house in a room that the temperature in the room doesn't change that much either.

That's a good question, if you feel like the incubator might start acting up again, then yeah I would switch however if and when you do make sure everything is exactly the same, temp and humidity) and then I would keep the other one running just in case it didn't work, you could put them back and there be no problem. Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom