incubator decision - need help

cadman68

Songster
12 Years
Feb 15, 2007
Middle TN
if you had $200 what incubator would be the one you would buy? Wife said i can get a new one and we agreed on $200 for the budget.....need help on deciding
hmm.png

You can get a hova bator 1588 with all the bells and whistles and a plain low model one for a hatcher for about $200.

Or you can build one for a lot less.

Depends on what you really want.

I bought a Hova- Bator 1588 with auto-egg turner;with two types of egg trays: universal and quail. All this from cutler supply for $148.00+shipping( I think it was around $11?)

Double R Supply has the still air HovaBator 1602 with auto-egg turner and universal trays for just under $100 including shipping. I just bought both of these, and will be using one auto-turner,a computer power supply (salvaged from my computer lab,) a 120mm pc fan,an old motherboard and cpu...to make a large cabinet style incubator. Once you start raising peeps from the egg,you're hooked forever! Dude! I got it bad! peeppeeepeeepeeppeeeepeeppeeepeppeppeeeppeeepeeeppeeeeppppeeeepppeeeepppp!!!!!

For the budget amount I would begin looking on Craigslist. I bought a top of the line cabinet style with every accessory imaginable for 300. it is way more than i imagined i could ever use, but who knows, and i would have to pay over 800 if I bought new.

I have seen the Hovebators with turners and forced air for 45 to 60 dollars there as well, but I dont have the time to constanly tinker with it to make it really functional.

Last edited:
I am looking at the hova bator 1588, but also thinking bout building a large one. I could buy 2 turners for around $80 and then build the cabinet.......hmmmmmmm that would hatch around 84 eggs
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom