Incubator:Ducks problems

Newbie80

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 17, 2013
We are hatching duck eggs in our classroom in an incubator. Monday we lost a duckling who hatched prematurely (we're assuming - it came out bloody and still had a full yoke). Yesterday two more pipped and then staled. We decided to leave them and give them time.
This morning my coworker arrived first, saw they hadn't progessed at all since yesterday, and thinking he was helping, hatched them out completely.
One is doing well, it is moving and trying to walk, the other is alive and moves it's head, but hasn't tried to walk (5 hours after my coworker hatched it). It also has a bit of yolk still attached. Is there something I can do to help it survive?

I will leave both in the incubator until tomorrow, but should I put some water in there for them?

We are hatching duck eggs in our classroom in an incubator. Monday we lost a duckling who hatched prematurely (we're assuming - it came out bloody and still had a full yoke). Yesterday two more pipped and then staled. We decided to leave them and give them time.
This morning my coworker arrived first, saw they hadn't progessed at all since yesterday, and thinking he was helping, hatched them out completely.
One is doing well, it is moving and trying to walk, the other is alive and moves it's head, but hasn't tried to walk (5 hours after my coworker hatched it). It also has a bit of yolk still attached. Is there something I can do to help it survive?

I will leave both in the incubator until tomorrow, but should I put some water in there for them?
i'm sorry to see no one had replied to your post. i know it is too late to help now. i'm wondering though, did the yolk baby survive?

Back
Top Bottom