Incubator help

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
I am using a little giant, 9200 forced air incubator and have a few questions. I have a thermometer, do I need a Hydro meter or can I just put water in the bottom of the incubator and not track the humidity level? Also, how do I refill the water? I heard with a forced air fan the water evaporate rates faster. Is it OK to take the lid off every day to refill the water?

I don’t have that incubator but you must be able to control the humidity level throughout incubation. I run my humidity at about 25-28% for the days before lockdown then turn it up. How does that incubator keep the humidity? Is it manual and you are the gatekeeper? Where is the water stored in it? If you have to take the lid off to fill it then that’s what you have to do. The eggs as long as they don’t stay with the lid off for long will be ok.

Tracking humidity is very important. You have to get a hygrometer to check your humidity. Keep humidity at 15-30% for first 18days then increase to 60% for lockdown. If you have to open the lid, then do that, there's no harm in it. And yes water evaporates faster in forced air incubator.

Back
Top Bottom