Incubator issues

Colored Flock

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013
My incubator is having a hard time staying at temp. I constantly have to turn it up! I am on day 3 of incubating my silkie eggs and im worried this isn't going to be successful with the fluctuation in temp. Any advice? its a hovabator.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Have you double checked with another thermometer? It is possible that your thermometer is faulty so double check before you cook your eggs. (Which is exactly what I did when my thermometer was faulty)

Jo I have gotten your message, but I will put my response here so we can perhaps help others with what is going on with your bator.

Besides the suggestions above.... can u tell me what kind of Inubator and type of heat it has? If it has wafers, sometimes they start to flux when the wafers are shot. You can purchase replacements and its easy fix. Also do u have a turner it it? styro bator? pics and as much info as you can give would be good too! There could be several variables, like location in room, drafts, where your putting thermometer in the bator, calibration, type of thermometer and so on. The low cost styro bators are EXTREMELY touchy with temps, you can make even the slightest change and you will head to look again and its a degree or two off again! They can get extremely frustrating, How do your silkie eggs look upon candle? What day are you on? I will assume you have started a new batch since this thread is fairly old now?

One developed and from the entropy (haha) looks like little fella died about 4 days to hatching. My second round had 3 wigglers before lockdown and we are on day 21....nothin yet. But it started working great when I set it on a fuzzy blanket and covered it with another. Seems my house is too drafty.

Back
Top Bottom